The Student Room Group

Sport and Exercise Science 2015 entry

Hi

Thought I'd start a thread for all of you applying to study sport sci for 2015, as I can't seem to find one on the search.

So where are you all applying to, what alevels are you doing / did you do?

any gappies around?

tell us your story :smile:
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university!
Original post by ArnoldPygmePuff
Hi

Thought I'd start a thread for all of you applying to study sport sci for 2015, as I can't seem to find one on the search.

So where are you all applying to, what alevels are you doing / did you do?

any gappies around?

tell us your story :smile:

Hello Arnold,

My name is Ailish and I am currently in my final year of BSc Sport Development and Coaching Sciences at Bournemouth Univesity.

Since you are interested in embarking on a Sport Science degree, I thought I'd let you know about what Bournemouth has to offer...have you looked into the Sports courses at BU at all?

Studying Sport at Bournemouth has really been one of the best decisions I made. I have just returned from my placement year in industry, where I worked for a Sports Charity in East London (Shoreditch way), working in the Project Delivery of some of the award winning programmes and the income generation team. The placement years built into the Sport courses at BU are a really fantastic asset and I am confident that my experience on placement has equipped me with the skills, confidence and network that I will need upon graduation.

The courses themselves are also brilliant since the topics covered are so wide ranging...from Exercise Physiology, to Psychology, Marketing, Sport Injury and Rehabilitation - anything you fancy really!

The wealth of experience among the sport lecturers is also really fantastic, many of whom have really interesting jobs in the sports industry alongside their lecturing role - all very valuable to us as students in terms of getting the inside knowledge about what is going on in the Sporting Industry!

Finally, Bournemouth is a pretty awesome place to live and study. The beautiful beach is perfect for sunny weekends/ evenings, accomodation is top notch and the night life is fantastic.

I'm more than happy to give you some more information about the Sport courses at Bournemouth or studying Sport Science in general - just give me a shout!

Hope your studies are going well.

Ailish
Original post by Tyler Bam
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university!

Hi Thanks. Thing is not sure what it falls under as SES can be classified as a life, health, medical or bio science, so I kind of went for life.
Original post by Ailish Myland
Hello Arnold,

My name is Ailish and I am currently in my final year of BSc Sport Development and Coaching Sciences at Bournemouth Univesity.

Since you are interested in embarking on a Sport Science degree, I thought I'd let you know about what Bournemouth has to offer...have you looked into the Sports courses at BU at all?

Studying Sport at Bournemouth has really been one of the best decisions I made. I have just returned from my placement year in industry, where I worked for a Sports Charity in East London (Shoreditch way), working in the Project Delivery of some of the award winning programmes and the income generation team. The placement years built into the Sport courses at BU are a really fantastic asset and I am confident that my experience on placement has equipped me with the skills, confidence and network that I will need upon graduation.

The courses themselves are also brilliant since the topics covered are so wide ranging...from Exercise Physiology, to Psychology, Marketing, Sport Injury and Rehabilitation - anything you fancy really!

The wealth of experience among the sport lecturers is also really fantastic, many of whom have really interesting jobs in the sports industry alongside their lecturing role - all very valuable to us as students in terms of getting the inside knowledge about what is going on in the Sporting Industry!

Finally, Bournemouth is a pretty awesome place to live and study. The beautiful beach is perfect for sunny weekends/ evenings, accomodation is top notch and the night life is fantastic.

I'm more than happy to give you some more information about the Sport courses at Bournemouth or studying Sport Science in general - just give me a shout!

Hope your studies are going well.

Ailish

Hi Ailish,

Thanks, already chosen though :smile:

SES is awesome though :smile: I like how it can be science, business, psychology, media... all in one. It's more diverse than people think.
Reply 5
Hi Ailish.
I'm contemplating between Bournemouth and loughborough for BSc Hons Sports Management.
Can you please advise me on this.
Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I am starting the Sports Development and Coaching Sciences at BU this year and I'm unsure about if we have specific books to buy to read before the course started, Ive looked on the reading list but not sure which ones to buy and if I need to since some said out of date for this years course? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!

Sam Hill

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending