ZebraWindy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How are you or how did you revise for A2 AQA geography? I'm not sure on how to start revising it, last year I just made notes from the CGP revision guide but I don't think it was very effective, what's the best way to revise geography?
Shadoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZebraWindy)
How are you or how did you revise for A2 AQA geography? I'm not sure on how to start revising it, last year I just made notes from the CGP revision guide but I don't think it was very effective, what's the best way to revise geography?
The best way is of course to analyse past papers and mark schemes.
bethabbott
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What I find most effective is visual revision techniques and understanding where I can get marks, so that's really focusing on the specifications and the mark schemes. Continually doing mind maps on a certain subject was also helpful for me and flashcards to learn definitions. I've started revising for mocks so this is also helpful for me
subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depending on the topics really.

For Tectonics I have just learnt all the landforms and processes off by heart by reading it over and over again. That's the way to learn facts ! :P

For World Cities you don't really have to revise for it, just learn all the case studies really well, because they sort of tell you the theory behind the case study.

So for example I am using St. Ives as my "counter urbanisation" case study.

Instead of learning what counter urbanisation is, just learn the case study.

So I would learn the causes/effects/characteristics of counter urbanisation.
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think making clear notes that are not too detailed is key. Writing down every point from the textbook/revision guide isn't going to help. You need to be able to remember a single point e.g urban decline is caused by economic decline then expand on that with your own knowledge. I got an A last year so feel free to reply with a more specific question! Hayley x

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZebraWindy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Hayley Williams)
I think making clear notes that are not too detailed is key. Writing down every point from the textbook/revision guide isn't going to help. You need to be able to remember a single point e.g urban decline is caused by economic decline then expand on that with your own knowledge. I got an A last year so feel free to reply with a more specific question! Hayley x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which topics did you do? I'm doing plate tectonics, weather and climate and development and globalisation if you can give any specific tips on those? Thanks
ht76845
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help. Does anyone have a case study for urban heat climates?
psychology2060
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the exact same position. I used the CGP textbook for GCSE and year 12 but I know it won't be enough to get me through this year so i'm currently stuck on the best way to revise. Also we are the first year doing the new spec so there are minimal past papers to use. Any advice would be fab!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (21)
77.78%
No (3)
11.11%
Not sure (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads