The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do large women wear tight clothing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by myblueheaven339
No one is saying that you have to find larger women attractive, just that it's not really any of your business what they wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I'm forced to look at it, you can't really avoid seeing it if its all out there and I would rather not see it.
Original post by Stewie2011
But I'm forced to look at it, you can't really avoid seeing it if its all out there and I would rather not see it.

You could simply look away..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
must be allot of heavy women on TSR lol.
Original post by myblueheaven339
You could simply look away..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure and I do but the damage is already done by then.
Sure and I do but the damage is already done by then.

Heaven forbid your delicate sensibilities are offended! I wish all I had to worry about was what fat girls wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1)Denial.

2)They think it looks good.

3)Bigger, baggier clothes might fit awkwardly. Like with pants, if you get something that's loose around the thighs then the bottom may look idiotic as most people's calves don't increase that much when they become fat.

4)They can't afford to purchase new clothing.
Original post by perflous
Surprisingly, women don't dress the way they do simply to attract men. I personally wear whatever I want without giving a **** if any boys/men I come in to contact with think it's attractive; just as I don't wear makeup for the sake of impressing men - I wear it for myself. You might think it's 'unsightly and unpleasant looking' - so what? Women (and men, but this thread specifically references women) don't have to dress to impress you or anyone else, for that matter. It doesn't matter if you think it's an unappealing way to dress.

Also, what mscaffrey said basically hit the nail on the head.

thats what they all say isn't it... everyone dresses to impress everyone else, men and women included.
what do people think of women whos boobs spill out there too tight top?
Original post by GodAtum
what do people think of women whos boobs spill out there too tight top?

Oh I actually tend to like that :smile: As long as its not like a sister or something then I'lld rather they cover up. Not sure on fat women though as it tends to mean the whole top is too tight and not sure the look is quite the same. For me the worst tend be if a girl has a real lard ass, flabby thighs and meat hook arms. Nothing worse than sitting in somewhere like harvester in the summer and being surrounded by fat women wearing thin strap tops that shows of their meathook arms. Totally the wrong thing for them to wear, they would look sooo much better if they wore tops that had coverings of at least the top half of the arms to cover up the worst of it. I just don't think they realise how bad it looks.
Why because I actually give a **** about staying s healthy weight. No, actually I don't, I often eat what I consider to be quite a lot, and not much healthy food either. Yet as a fully grown male I comfortably fit into the XL size and am no doubt regarded as not fat. So those women that are fat/obese etc I can only assume are going all out to consume a horrendous amount of food to make themselves uber fat without any consideration of their diet, its not even trying its quite the opposite. I work hard every hour of every day yet these 'large' women seem to not bother with anything in general. It's just slack attitudes that seem to be rewarded these days, even something to jump up and down with excitement about it seems, like 'hey I've let myself go to flab by purposely destroying my body through weight gain by overeating all I like' and, 'now I'm going to show off the hideous results ti guys who would rather not see by wearing tight ill-fitting clothing' and 'what's more I'mgoing to make the guy feel shallow when they complain by stating that they should accept the grim reality they see before them that they did not ask to see'.

How do you know what is going on with people who are overweight? You have no idea what they do, so stop going around thinking you are better than them. As I said before, I am a large woman, and you have basically just said that I don't bother with anything in general. I do a hell of a lot with my life and am a functioning member of society that gives a lot to my local community. I have just personally chosen to do other things rather than looking after myself how I should do. I know what I need to do to lose weight, but at this moment in time I don't want to. Does that have anything to do with you or anyone else? No. I really don't understand why you find it so difficult to just ignore people. Everyone has the right to dress as they please, so if you find it so difficult to see people like this, I think the only way for you to deal with that is to not go out. Honestly, it is you that has the issue, not everyone else who is happy to wear what the hell they want.
Original post by emmalgale
How do you know what is going on with people who are overweight? You have no idea what they do, so stop going around thinking you are better than them. As I said before, I am a large woman, and you have basically just said that I don't bother with anything in general. I do a hell of a lot with my life and am a functioning member of society that gives a lot to my local community. I have just personally chosen to do other things rather than looking after myself how I should do. I know what I need to do to lose weight, but at this moment in time I don't want to. Does that have anything to do with you or anyone else? No. I really don't understand why you find it so difficult to just ignore people. Everyone has the right to dress as they please, so if you find it so difficult to see people like this, I think the only way for you to deal with that is to not go out. Honestly, it is you that has the issue, not everyone else who is happy to wear what the hell they want.

OTOH, being overweight/obese does affect other people. Obesity predisposes you to joint issues, depression, diabetes and cancer. Guess who pays for treatment of those diseases/disorders? That's right: the average taxpayer, even those who aren't overweight.

I'm not saying that I hate overweight people or anything but telling someone to just ignore obesity is not a valid argument when it directly impacts their life as well.

It's not about what you do, it's about what you don't do. Like exercise and eat right.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
OTOH, being overweight/obese does affect other people. Obesity predisposes you to joint issues, depression, diabetes and cancer. Guess who pays for treatment of those diseases/disorders? That's right: the average taxpayer, even those who aren't overweight.

I'm not saying that I hate overweight people or anything but telling someone to just ignore obesity is not a valid argument when it directly impacts their life as well.

Hell you have this crazy pro-obesity crowed who actual claim being obese is more healthy!
Original post by DanB1991
Hell you have this crazy pro-obesity crowed who actual claim being obese is more healthy!

I've never heard anyone claim that obesity is more healthy than a normal weight. Mostly I hear that people think it's no one else's business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by perflous
Surprisingly, women don't dress the way they do simply to attract men. I personally wear whatever I want without giving a **** if any boys/men I come in to contact with think it's attractive; just as I don't wear makeup for the sake of impressing men - I wear it for myself. You might think it's 'unsightly and unpleasant looking' - so what? Women (and men, but this thread specifically references women) don't have to dress to impress you or anyone else, for that matter. It doesn't matter if you think it's an unappealing way to dress.

Also, what mscaffrey said basically hit the nail on the head.

I never understood the "I wear makeup for myself" thing, I mean, your face is the one thing you can't see while you're going about your day, and women don't tend to put makeup on to stay at home.
Because:

1. Skinny girls think they're chubby
2. Chubby girls think they're fat
3. Fat girls think they're obese
4. Obese girls think they're supermodels
Original post by Jebedee
It's not about what you do, it's about what you don't do. Like exercise and eat right.

Why should that matter to anyone else but me? I have no medical issues. I don't drink or smoke. You don't find me going around judging people because they drink or smoke and are therefore going to be spending my money when they get ill with smoking and drinking related issues. Or when they waste police time and money by getting off their face and have to be arrested for drink related offences.

I feel we have digressed from the original post here.
Why should that matter to anyone else but me? I have no medical issues. I don't drink or smoke. You don't find me going around judging people because they drink or smoke and are therefore going to be spending my money when they get ill with smoking and drinking related issues. Or when they waste police time and money by getting off their face and have to be arrested for drink related offences.

I feel we have digressed from the original post here.

It's already been pointed out to you the reason. How do you know all of the smokers will definitely get health related problems and you won't get diabetes or require a by-pass operation in a few years?

I take it due to your stance, in the event of any health problems you will be going private and not burdening the NHS.

P.S: Obesity is an eye-sore and depressing to see in high numbers.
Original post by Jebedee
It's already been pointed out to you the reason. How do you know all of the smokers will definitely get health related problems and you won't get diabetes or require a by-pass operation in a few years?

I take it due to your stance, in the event of any health problems you will be going private and not burdening the NHS.

P.S: Obesity is an eye-sore and depressing to see in high numbers.

How do you know that I will get diabetes or need a by-pass? My point is that you judging me because of what I am wearing isn't going to do ANYTHING to help me lose weight. I need to make that decision for myself and get the mental support I need to help with my addiction to food. Having some random person on the internet being disgusted by the sight of me isn't going to do anything to encourage me to lose weight. In fact it actually wants me to carry on doing what I am doing just to spite you!
I've always wondered, honest question. Do people who are overweight eat more than the average person or do they eat just as much as the average person but just gain more weight. I would be interested in hearing from someone who actually is overweight.

We often like to criticize people from their weight, but one thing i've learned in medicine is that there are a lot of genes that predispose you to being overweight. Some genes make you feel more hungry and want to eat more, others just make you gain more weight from every calorie (aka a slow metabolism). While not everyone is like this, its still a small percentage, i'm sure we are not all born the same, some people can eat a sandwich and gain weight while others can eat a burger and stay thin.

Sometimes i see people especially girls eating tiny portions for dinner, are they just trying to lose weight or do they really just not feel hungry? I have plenty of friends including myself who can eat a lot but not gain weight, there is clearly something to do with genetics not just plain being lazy or a sloth.

Latest

Trending

Trending