Can someone help with me with my first sentence please?

Watch this thread
Royale
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
EDIT: I think I'm OK now.
Shadoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Royale)
I'm writing a personal statement for Computer Science and I need help forming my first sentence. I've written it up but just need to brush up on it. I know I can't post it here so if anyone wants to help just PM me please.
Don't use a quote and avoid overused phrases.
Royale
Rep:
(Original post by Shadoo)
Don't use a quote and avoid overused phrases.
I tried to make it unique as possible however I don't think the sentence sounds right if that makes any sense, the structure of it.
snoop_frog
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
this is a little post-spliff freestyle. forgot how i started my personal statement but how about this:

I've always thrived on heightening my analytical skills as well as developing a creative flair through logical reasoning and independent interpretation to tackle real-world problems. The concept of object-oriented programming ......

BOOM

if u wanna make the person reading ur PS have an instant orgasm, include a sentence or 2 about:

-> object oriented programming
-> algorithms
-> data structures

when u start talking about ur hobbies, pick like 3 fake hobbies that are as different to each other as possible (to show that ur "versatile" or w/e)

e.g. rock climbing, martial arts, badminton

say u got first place in a badminton tournament organised by ur local leisure centre when u were in secondary school

/class101
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Please don't PM any part of your PS to anyone. You don't know what will happen to it afterwards, and plagiarism is very real
Royale
Rep:
(Original post by snoop_frog)
this is a little post-spliff freestyle. forgot how i started my personal statement but how about this:

I've always thrived on heightening my analytical skills as well as developing a creative flair through logical reasoning and independent interpretation to tackle real-world problems. The concept of object-oriented programming ......

BOOM

if u wanna make the person reading ur PS have an instant orgasm, include a sentence or 2 about:

-> object oriented programming
-> algorithms
-> data structures

when u start talking about ur hobbies, pick like 3 fake hobbies that are as different to each other as possible (to show that ur "versatile" or w/e)

e.g. rock climbing, martial arts, badminton

say u got first place in a badminton tournament organised by ur local leisure centre when u were in secondary school

/class101
What specifically should I write about those things.
snoop_frog
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Royale)
What specifically should I write about those things.
nothing specific, just mention those 3 things and definitely mention teamwork. so something like:

I've always thrived on heightening my analytical skills and developing a creative flair through logical reasoning to tackle real-world problems. The concept of object-oriented programming (OOP) is one that has particularly caught my eye. This is a programming technique where the focus is more towards data rather than logic. A simple example of OOP is creating a "Monkey" object in a program "Zoo" - for which we can then define a set of properties and give functionality. Additionally, I've always looked forward to seeing how the use of algorithms and data structures in programs can increase the efficiency of a system. This, combined with my effective teamwork skills and passion for problem-solving (.... makes me choose computer science)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (72)
16.4%
The paper was reasonable (216)
49.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (104)
23.69%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
10.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed