Darceyyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How would you describe theology at uni? Is it interesting? i'm a big fan of religion, so would I be better doing religious studies or Theology?
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Darceyyyy)
How would you describe theology at uni? Is it interesting? i'm a big fan of religion, so would I be better doing religious studies or Theology?
Religious studies is generally the sociology of religion/history or religion, looking at various religious traditions and what they mean to people/societies. Theology is generally the study of Christian religion (although other religions are sometimes thrown in there), it often involves learning a Biblical language, and is perhaps more linguistic/religious text based than religious studies. It's a very personal decision, but I'd be tempted by religious studies if you're interested in studying religion from a human perspective and you want to cover all different religions equally.
A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Darceyyyy)
Did u take it as a degree??? Tell me plz I want to take it???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads