Tudor History homework help Watch

luakuak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been set some homework on Henry VIII's foreign policy, but I'm finding it hard to find any information for the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Which experienced advisers were in favour of Henry taking on an administrative role as King rather than becoming a 'warrior prince'? (this would be in his first years as king
I have no ideas for this one

Why were his Councillors reluctant to follow his ideas?
I think this could be to do with Henry's youth and as he was not technically prepared for monarchy for most of his childhood, or perhaps because his councillors' loyalties still lay with Henry VII or with the Yorkists.
ghannah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by luakuak)
I've been set some homework on Henry VIII's foreign policy, but I'm finding it hard to find any information for the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Which experienced advisers were in favour of Henry taking on an administrative role as King rather than becoming a 'warrior prince'? (this would be in his first years as king
I have no ideas for this one

Why were his Councillors reluctant to follow his ideas?
I think this could be to do with Henry's youth and as he was not technically prepared for monarchy for most of his childhood, or perhaps because his councillors' loyalties still lay with Henry VII or with the Yorkists.
Can't help you with the first question, but the second one I can. What you were getting at for the second question is pretty much right. The councillors were pretty old because they were the same ones for Henry VII, and they were all quite set in his way of ruling. He had been very financially aware and kept administration as quite a private matter, many went as far to say that he was quite a paranoid monarch. Therefore these councillors almost wanted Henry VIII to be like his father, but Henry didn't want to be. He wanted to be like the mythological King Arthur, the warrior king, and these councillors saw him as a bit naive and not very hardworking - the complete opposite of his father. Henry's youth didn't help either because many didn't believe he was a capable ruler.
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.72%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.51%
No, I am unable to (141)
23.19%
No, I chose not to (176)
28.95%