orangeee22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, sorry I know that there are a lot of these threads at the moment
I'm considering a career in veterinary medicine.
For A-Level I want to do
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics As

I am predicted A*s in all my GCSEs
( At the Sixth Form I am applying to, they do an accelerated Maths programme where you do the whole of Maths A-Level in year 12 and then the whole of Further Maths A-Level in year 13)

I do have lots of extra curriculars (Done Silver DOFe, doing Gold Practise Expedition next summer, volunteer at local Brownies, I play the Violin at Youth Orchestra, etc.) but would doing only sciences and maths be okay at A-Level for veterinary medicine or a science related subject or would it not show that I am well-rounded enough?
Thanks in advance
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by orangeee22)
For A-Level I want to do
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics As

( At the Sixth Form I am applying to, they do an accelerated Maths programme where you do the whole of Maths A-Level in year 12 and then the whole of Further Maths A-Level in year 13)

I do have lots of extra curriculars (Done Silver DOFe, doing Gold Practise Expedition next summer, volunteer at local Brownies, I play the Violin at Youth Orchestra, etc.) but would doing only sciences and maths be okay at A-Level for veterinary medicine or a science related subject or would it not show that I am well-rounded enough?
Thanks in advance
Most people only have sciences when applying for med/vet med. Your extra curriculars show how well rounded you are anyway. The admissions people are looking for scientific skills and relevant work experience, so you'll be fine.
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by orangeee22)
For A-Level I want to do
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics As

Thanks in advance
Yes, but you should try and get vet related work experience. Ask local pet shops etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
orangeee22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
30.16%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.7%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
20.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (3)
4.76%
No - I live at home during term anyway (20)
31.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise