The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Offer holders or just applicants?

Does anybody have an offer from Heriot Watt uni?

Me and 3 other people who I know are all waiting for them as our final decision on UCAS, but I can't seem to find anyone who has been given an offer on here.

Applicants and offer holders, come forth.

Scroll to see replies

Have you had a look on Facebook for any freshers groups? A lot of people set them up to meet other people who have offers.
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Sent application off 13th November, No emails so far
I sent mine on the 16th November and I haven't received an offer or any emails from them either.
Reply 4
I sent my application on the 13th of October, received an acknowledgement email 2 weeks ago and I received an offer about an hour ago! If that's any help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ericadonnelly
I sent my application on the 13th of October, received an acknowledgement email 2 weeks ago and I received an offer about an hour ago! If that's any help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it does help haha, I sent mine off around 20th October and got my acknowledgement email about 2 weeks ago haha! What have you applied to?
Reply 6
Original post by jackhaugh
Yes it does help haha, I sent mine off around 20th October and got my acknowledgement email about 2 weeks ago haha! What have you applied to?

Glad to help! I'd say you should receive word this week then, it was about a 2 week timeframe for last years applicants I believe! I applied to 3 courses: Maths, Actuarial Science, and Maths, statistics & actuarial science! I received offers for the last 2 last night! :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received an offer yesterday for biological science
Original post by natelizabeth13
I received an offer yesterday for biological science

Brilliant News!! Congrats natelizabeth13! :banana:

If you have any questions for us feel free to drop us a message! :smile:

I will be starting up a 2017 applicants thread soon, so you can ask us there.

Cheers,
Keir
Anyone applied for international business?
Reply 10
Original post by Popcornlover
Anyone applied for international business?

hey I have but I haven't got an offer yet
Original post by ellie.98

I feel like the offers will be in January/ February time. Is this your first choice?
Reply 12
I feel like the offers will be in January/ February time. Is this your first choice?

Yeah hopefully I was also thinking about Leeds and Dundee what about you? I have other offers in hopefully it's sooner than January
Yeah hopefully I was also thinking about Leeds and Dundee what about you? I have other offers in hopefully it's sooner than January

Yeah I've applied to Dundee aswell and other Scottish universities :smile: I think one of my top choice is Strathclyde. hopefully it all works out! Good Luck. Hope we hear back soon. I have no offers back yet... feeling impatient and keep checking my email soo many times.
(edited 7 years ago)

Hi Guys,

We are certainly working through the applications as fast as we can. Hopefully you will hear from us soon but if you have any questions in the meantime you can always contact us on here. I have started a new thread for 2017 applicants if you have any Q's :smile:

Cheers, and good luck!
Keir
Reply 15

got my offer tonight for international business, hopefully you got yours goodluck
got my offer tonight for international business, hopefully you got yours goodluck

Well done 😊👍🏼 Thank you

Congrats!!:banana:
Original post by deanp2001
How long would you say it takes normally(just an average) to recieve an offer? Still waiting to hear back, course choice is bsc(hons) computer science

I have been waiting a week currently for mine so i have no idea. (computer science too)
Original post by deanp2001
How long would you say it takes normally(just an average) to recieve an offer? Still waiting to hear back, course choice is bsc(hons) computer science

Original post by nmwalkers
I have been waiting a week currently for mine so i have no idea. (computer science too)

To be honest there is not an average time for you to receive an offer. It really depends on the individual admissions tutors, some admissions tutors like to take there time and wait till the 15th of January deadline to compare all of there applications, however some admissions tutors make offers to highly qualified applicants as soon as they come in. All I can say is that we will be considering your applications and we will be as quick as possible :smile:

Good luck and if you have any questions for us here at HW, please feel free to get in touch.
Cheers,
Keir

Quick Reply

Latest