Personal Statement - Small Typo = Big Issue?

Watch
Humza Ali
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I paid and sent earlier this week and today I was reading over my personal statement to see if I'd left any errors in there and unfortunately, I found a typo

I wrote: "...and I feel that this has helped me developed as a person."

"developed".....

It's meant to be "develop" but my application has already been sent off to UCAS. Is it a big deal? If yes, is there anything I can do to change it? It's really bugging me.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think it's a huge deal. It may be noticed, it may not be. If you've already sent it, there's not much you can do about it. So long as the rest of your personal statement is strong, a minor typo is not going to be a deal breaker. So please, try not to fret too much .
crayolaguy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Humza Ali)
Hi guys,

I paid and sent earlier this week and today I was reading over my personal statement to see if I'd left any errors in there and unfortunately, I found a typo

I wrote: "...and I feel that this has helped me developed as a person."

"developed".....

It's meant to be "develop" but my application has already been sent off to UCAS. Is it a big deal? If yes, is there anything I can do to change it? It's really bugging me.
They might not notice.. and if they do it's not the end of the world anyway. Also why would you check your personal statement after you've sent it. I'm so scared to even look at it again now i've sent it and I don't like anyone reading it just in case they say 'I found a mistake'.
Humza Ali
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by crayolaguy)
They might not notice.. and if they do it's not the end of the world anyway. Also why would you check your personal statement after you've sent it. I'm so scared to even look at it again now i've sent it and I don't like anyone reading it just in case they say 'I found a mistake'.
(Original post by Kittiara)
I don't think it's a huge deal. It may be noticed, it may not be. If you've already sent it, there's not much you can do about it. So long as the rest of your personal statement is strong, a minor typo is not going to be a deal breaker. So please, try not to fret too much .
Yeah thanks guys, I guess it isn't that big of a deal. Thanks a lot!!
hukdealz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Humza Ali)
Yeah thanks guys, I guess it isn't that big of a deal. Thanks a lot!!
pray to allah

'allahakbar'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (32)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.42%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (30)
14.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (55)
27.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (38)
18.91%

Watched Threads