The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen mary applicants ~ help

For Queen Mary's portal, MySis, how long did it take for you to get an update and, when you got an update, was there an accompanying email? Sent my form off on the 24th October, predicted A*AA and applying for Law, which is A*AA.

Is it likely for me to get an offer?

Thanks and good luck! :-)
Reply 1
You will probably get an offer if you get those grades! Though your personal statement and interview (if you have one) will also be taken into account. It took quite a while to get an update, but I did get an email with it. Just keep checking it regularly though :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by elfess
You will probably get an offer if you get those grades! Though your personal statement and interview (if you have one) will also be taken into account. It took quite a while to get an update, but I did get an email with it. Just keep checking it regularly though :smile:

I hope so! It currently says: 'Your application is with the department awaiting assessment,' which it has done since about three days after I sent my form in - I really really want an offer from them!

Thanks 😊
Reply 3
Good luck! It's pretty good here, if you get in I'm sure you'll love it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by elfess

Do you know if they're likely to ask for an interview? I'm studying History if that changes anything.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Do you guys know if I can get exempted from taking the IELTS?

I've emailed the school, but I just wanted to get some quick advice.

I am an international student and I just received a conditional offer to QMUL for biomedical science. I've taken GCSE English (and got and A*), I'm currently taking A Level Literature (which I got a a for AS) and I've sat for CIE AS English Language (and got a b). Also, I've sat for the University of New South Wales International English Competition every year since 2007 and have gotten either a Distinction or a High Distinction.

Do you think I'd still have to take the exam if I make my case clear to the admissions team?
Reply 6
Original post by Llamass
Do you know if they're likely to ask for an interview? I'm studying History if that changes anything.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, im applying for history too and they invited me to interview, they say for historh they try to interview as many applicanta as possible, but it seems like quite a relaxed interview!
Original post by MoHoosen9167
For Queen Mary's portal, MySis, how long did it take for you to get an update and, when you got an update, was there an accompanying email? Sent my form off on the 24th October, predicted A*AA and applying for Law, which is A*AA.

Is it likely for me to get an offer?

Thanks and good luck! :-)

How long did it take for your MYsis login details to come?
Reply 8
Original post by gavgav123
How long did it take for your MYsis login details to come?

it took around a week for me to get mine!
QM are one of the worst, if not THE worst Russel Group university so they offer loads of people with reasonable predictions - ABB or higher. I highly doubt that their students are of A*AA standard, their reqs are to induce the idea that QM Law is competitive and rigorous but in reality they would probably let in people with ABB or so.

This isn't just QM, loads of unis have high reqs but realise that the smart students go to better unis and so they have to make do with entrants of a much lower calibre than whats 'expected'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kabulkid
QM are one of the worst, if not THE worst Russel Group university so they offer loads of people with reasonable predictions - ABB or higher. I highly doubt that their students are of A*AA standard, their reqs are to induce the idea that QM Law is competitive and rigorous but in reality they would probably let in people with ABB or so.

This isn't just QM, loads of unis have high reqs but realise that the smart students go to better unis and so they have to make do with entrants of a much lower calibre than whats 'expected'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Friend who achieved AAA just got rejected from law actually!
Original post by citydeer
it took around a week for me to get mine!

Thanks. So guess I should just wait a little longer then!
Thanks. So guess I should just wait a little longer then!

Just be patient, I think it depends on the department and how busy they are, just hang in there!
Friend who achieved AAA just got rejected from law actually!

Surprising, I don't know many people in QM with AAA or above (apart from Barts Medicine).
Original post by Kabulkid
Surprising, I don't know many people in QM with AAA or above (apart from Barts Medicine).

His rejection came last week. He was devastated
Original post by citydeer
Just be patient, I think it depends on the department and how busy they are, just hang in there!

Thanks for the support. Guess I'll just have to wait a few more days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending