Most of the problems we face today are as a result of society. Watch

Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It seems like all the problems we face are because of societal/ cultural problems and that the parties who there for blame everyone else (e.g. Ukip) get more appeal because they make people feel better about them selves.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Divide and conquer is definitely a technique that's often used by political parties. UKIP is a good example of that, but is certainly not alone - the Conservatives target the poor, people with disabilities, people with mental and physical health problems, the unemployed, and they're easy scapegoats. Labour is following that line. The Lib Dems have certainly not kicked up a fuss about it.

I won't say that all the problems we face are down to society and culture. That Icelandic volcano and its toxic fumes is one problem we can't put down to that, for example. And we mustn't overlook individual human urges. But yes, we don't live in a perfect society, and politics and the media make good use of its flaws.
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
It seems like all the problems we face are because of societal/ cultural problems and that the parties who there for blame everyone else (e.g. Ukip) get more appeal because they make people feel better about them selves.
Extremist parties usually succeed because things have gone very wrong. In this case we've had a massive recession and high unemployment causing an awful lot of the discontent-the average person on the street contributed very little to those events but suffered a lot because of them. UKIP just care about their own popularity and that means hitting on what other parties aren't-namely immigration controls and talking about gay induced freak weather.
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the problems we face today are as a result of a lack of proper values and morals, resulting in societal degeneration in many ways.
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slade p)
the problems we face today are as a result of a lack of proper values and morals, resulting in societal degeneration in many ways.
Unlike the problems people faced in the past, like slavery and the workhouse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (498)
59.71%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.16%
No- I want it (237)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.71%

Watched Threads