The Student Room Group

GCSE Mock Exams 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm really worried about my English and Statistics.. they didn't went well :frown:
Original post by diana99
Yes ive done a few speaking assessments before. however can't remember the mark break down. It definitely my accent that pulled my grade down . I was a few marks of an A. And I'm not great with answering the unexpected questions either :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Examiners (for the AQA Spec) normally can get away with keeping the unexpected questions very short, but I know you have to fulfill a certain time, else they will keep asking you unexpected questions :eek:
Original post by Jitesh
Examiners (for the AQA Spec) normally can get away with keeping the unexpected questions very short, but I know you have to fulfill a certain time, else they will keep asking you unexpected questions :eek:

Eek:redface:
Okay thanks but my exam board is OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
Eek:redface:
Okay thanks but my exam board is OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's similar, but there are difference so not too sure :/
I'm pretty sure teachers mark the writing for you though, I've been told by people who do GCSE French with OCR
I haven't read too much of stuff before but now all my results for mocks have come in I can tell you I had a mixed bag...
Latin Literature: A*
Latin Language: A (Surprising... really...I destroyed the last mock, only last 2 marks but then again this is my forte...)
English: A High B (So the school expect an A* but I will be happy with an A)
Maths: A*
Mandarin: A*
French: Well, this was done more as separate assessments rather than one exam for this case as we have another set of mocks in January or February. Writing: A* Reading: A Oral: C Listening: C
Any tips for this?
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: didn't have one... I am worried about this...
Music: A

I wish People luck in 2015 in their mocks and their real exams, and May we all have success!
Original post by Xphoenix
I haven't read too much of stuff before but now all my results for mocks have come in I can tell you I had a mixed bag...
Latin Language: A (Surprising... really...I destroyed the last mock, only last 2 marks but then again this is my forte...)
French: Well, this was done more as separate assessments rather than one exam for this case as we have another set of mocks in January or February. Writing: A* Reading: A Oral: C Listening: C
Any tips for this?

I wish People luck in 2015 in their mocks and their real exams, and May we all have success!

Happy new year!!!!!! And thanks. I'll be working really hard to pull my grades up!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
how was the latin literature exam? are you doing Pliny as well ? lol
Reply 387
Original post by Xphoenix
Any tips for this?

Nice results, are you studying Pliny as well? how was the literature exam?
Original post by Jitesh
I think it's similar, but there are difference so not too sure :/
I'm pretty sure teachers mark the writing for you though, I've been told by people who do GCSE French with OCR

Yhup that's true:yy::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nox1
Our school recommended 2-6 hours and I'm doing the bare minimum of 2 :rolleyes: should start the chemistry revision I have planned, tbh

Because there are so many subjects its hard to spread all the revision out equally yet still do enough for each subject I havent revised fully any subject yet because we have to spread out our revision! :/
Original post by TLaw98
Nice results, are you studying Pliny as well? how was the literature exam?

Studying Virgil for verse
Livy and Cicero for Prose.

I found it alright... I felt my 8 marker was marked a bit harshly... and I felt I aced it.
Got my mocks in only a few days and done very little revision because I'm spending too much time wondering what subject and topic I should revise... :colondollar:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I can get at least a B or C in everything by just winging it so any revision is basically just helping to bump up the grade. Even though that's the worst thing I could possibly do, I guess it does work haha

Oh god I'm so lazy.
Original post by neyscar
Got my mocks in only a few days and done very little revision because I'm spending too much time wondering what subject and topic I should revise... :colondollar:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I can get at least a B or C in everything by just winging it so any revision is basically just helping to bump up the grade. Even though that's the worst thing I could possibly do, I guess it does work haha

Oh god I'm so lazy.

If it's any consolation, I did the same thing and scraped 3A*s, 5As and 2Bs xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patronusleviosa
Already doing them at the moment. It's going okay at the moment but I'm dreading the french reading and listening. What subjects did you pick?

HI, I'M acutely doing my GCSE French in year 10 and I'm worried, any tips Could help and I'm doing the writing First.
Original post by asmuse123
I just did my C2 Mock Exam today... I got an A! :biggrin:

Hi I am in year 11 and can you please help me in C2, B2 and P2. Last year in my core science i got a overall D. It would be great if you could make me some revision guides for example mind map.

PS. Can you send me the stuff that you used for revision because even I want a A for C2
if you reply I will reply you my email address
thanks in advance📝📖😟🙋😊☺😀😁
Original post by RShrestha
Hi I am in year 11 and can you please help me in C2, B2 and P2. Last year in my core science i got a overall D. It would be great if you could make me some revision guides for example mind map.

PS. Can you send me the stuff that you used for revision because even I want a A for C2
if you reply I will reply you my email address
thanks in advance📝📖😟🙋😊☺😀😁

What did you get in your controlled assessment and do you have a revision guide?
Did you wing it by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my mocks soon arrgh spent the whole of Christmas revising so hopefully I do well... I have test in:
maths paper 3, maths paper 4, bio, physics, chem, English lit, English lang, French reading, French listening, French writing GCSE CA, rs unit 3, rs unit 4 and AS Computing wow that is lot :3
Reply 397
Original post by gortz1o1
Does anyone else have mock exams coming up? Anyone want to discuss anything?

When are they?
What are you most confident for?
What are you most worried about?

:h:

Oh gosh, well I did my mocks on the last week before the Christmas holidays. Firstly, I suffer from exam anxiety (yay) and I always panic about exams where I have to write a lot (history, english, sociology and RE in particular). I actually think I did OK in these subjects except for history. It's so annoying because I really enjoy history and am on track to get at least an A, but I do awfully in the exams. I had two history mocks, they both went terribly and I am sure I failed! Yay! Same goes for textiles, but this I knew as my class has never learnt textiles theory due to being messed around by our school.
Anyway, I hopefully did better in others. Science did not go well though.
I think I am most confident about my maths and sociology mocks, I should be getting my results in the next two weeks!
I just had my mocks just before Christmas they were terrible I had 18 exams in total in just 2 weeks Glad they r over results r going to be out this week :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i died in my mocks lol :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest