The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow uni offer - what if I don't get the grades?

It says on my offer that it's subject to me achieving AAB in my A-Levels, but on the course page it says that minimum is BBB. What does this mean? Glasgow will be my firm, but it's likely that I'll get ABB instead. Would they still accept me with this? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Frosty197
It says on my offer that it's subject to me achieving AAB in my A-Levels, but on the course page it says that minimum is BBB. What does this mean? Glasgow will be my firm, but it's likely that I'll get ABB instead. Would they still accept me with this? Thanks :smile:

BBB is the minimum entry requirements for students hoping to enroll on their course, they will give out these offers if they especially want a certain person to come because of their application.

AAB is the average entry requirements and means that the offer you got is the same as most people, Glasgow are legally obliged to accept you if you get AAB or above from now. However if you do not get the grades AAB that Glasgow want then they can either decide to rescind your offer or give it to you anyway despite the fact that you didn't quite reach the grades.

Last year a lot of people still got there places with a couple of grades below the offer they received but it is most likely that this year they will give out less offers and be harsher with who they let in to counter act this. It is slightly unfair but that is the way the world works and it is still a sort of lottery who gets the places and who doesn't when you miss out on the grades.

Hope this Helps
Good Luck
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending