How to study Introduction to childhood studies and child psychology (E102)

Watch
c_ralu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,
I just signed up with the Open University and right now I can do the registration for February.The only module that is opened for sign up is Investigating psychology 1 (DE 100). I would like to study part time, so 60 credits a year.
Does it mean that I should also try to sign up for the next module always at the same time of the year so I dont sign up for too many credits?
In my case if I sign up for Investigating psychology 1 (DE 100) for february, I presume I can only sign up for another module the next February. The problem is Introduction to childhood studies and child psychology (E102) its only opened for sign up only in October. Does that mean next February I am forced to register for Introducting the social sciences (DD102). I think that can also block for me in the future Psychology of childhood and youth(E219). Basically I want to know how often can you sign up for modules if you want to study only 60 credits a year.

Also, does anybody know about student loans for international students?

Thanks!
xgemmaax
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had a similar issue to you. Are you on the Psychology degree? I wanted to study DE100 first and wasn't allowed to :/ I wanted to study E102 also but didn't want to wait until October 2015 to start.

If you study DE100 in February and E102 in October they may only overlap slightly so I think you would still be studying part time.
Part-timer1991
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, Im an OU student doing my first module. I'm currently studying E102 'Introduction to Childhood studies' and I began in Oct 14. I have looked at my other module options for the rest of the degree and it says I cannot enrol on the second module (it's a compulsory one - Investigating Psych 1) until 5 months after starting the first one. Therefore the first year of the psychology degree you can only study 60 credits/1 module.

I plan to spread the first 2 modules over the 2 years beginning each in October and then begin to overlap with Feb and Oct start dates for my 3rd/4th/5th and 6th modules in order to finish it quicker.

Good luck
c_ralu
Rep:
?
@ Part-timer1991,
Thank you for your answer, and of course, to the other people that answered my question.
But what about the opposite?If I start in february with Investigating Psych 1, then in october , 9 months later I can start with E102 'Introduction to Childhood studies'. Is this correct?
@Xgemmaax, I can enroll in DE100 right now,its available to me.Does anybody know when DE100 ends?
Thanks!
c_ralu
Rep:
?
Hi guys,

I just called the university and they dont allow signing up for Investigating Psychology 1 first, you need to chose an optional module first, so I guess i will have to wait until october and sign up for Childhood studies.
xgemmaax
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by c_ralu)
Hi guys,

I just called the university and they dont allow signing up for Investigating Psychology 1 first, you need to chose an optional module first, so I guess i will have to wait until october and sign up for Childhood studies.
I spoke to someone about it also and they said they don't allow you to study DE100 first because it's harder than the optional modules :/ I decided to go for the social sciences module instead so I can start in Feb. Sucks that you have to wait until October but good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (123)
62.12%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.88%

Watched Threads