Recommend me some horror games? Watch

penguindrum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here's the deal: I wanna scare myself ****less
Mostly I've played RPGmaker horror games (Ib, The Witch House, Mad Father, Ao Oni, Corpse Party) and a couple of other popular games such as FNAF, Slender and Resident Evil 4. Those didn't really scare me all that much though...

Jump scares always get to me, as well as genuinely chilling storylines...not so much plain ol' gore. I only have a PC at the moment, so no consoles please! Rec me something that will give me nightmares
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Silent Hill and Siren Blood Curse.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Alien Isolation.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Project Zero 1, 2 and 3
Silent Hill 1 and 2 at least
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
LaughingKitsune
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For a genuinely chilling storyline, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is great. It doesn't give you much, but the rest you try to work out for yourself. However, some of the ending cutscenes - wow. They're so creepy! It gets more creepy the further you go into the storyline, and read where all of the characters tie in to the story.
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Alien:Isolation is awesome I never experienced such an intelligent and scary enemy and he mercilessly hunts you all game. Brutal and tense experiance. Like Amnesia theres effectively no fighting back - weapons just attract the beast.
Amnesia: The dark descent -True suspense and chilling story driven horror. Your armed with an old oil lamp.
Doom 3 - Well if you like to be able to fight back against the bad guys this is a good choice .Horror aficionados might not put it in the same league as the above but it is so loaded with jump scares I found it excrutiating to play with headphones. Not a fan of too many jump scares myself tbh.

I recommend them in the above order. It took me 30 hours to beat Alien:Isolation on hard(the recommended difficulty) so you get your moneys worth.
Amnesia: 11 hours - Shorter but cheaper and its all quality.
Doom: never finished.

The most important thing is you got to play them alone, uninterupted and with headphones turned up. Especially with Amnesia you need to be completely absorbed by the game or you wont get the horror experience.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is also good, not horror but its hmm definetly horrific :P if you can accept the grossness theres a beuty of game underneath.
GavinCole
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fatal Frame series if you really want horror. It's Japanese, this says it all.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by penguindrum)
Here's the deal: I wanna scare myself ****less
Mostly I've played RPGmaker horror games (Ib, The Witch House, Mad Father, Ao Oni, Corpse Party) and a couple of other popular games such as FNAF, Slender and Resident Evil 4. Those didn't really scare me all that much though...

Jump scares always get to me, as well as genuinely chilling storylines...not so much plain ol' gore. I only have a PC at the moment, so no consoles please! Rec me something that will give me nightmares

Based on that, I suggest you play Outlast, Thank me later

If you own a PS3/4, then you should also check out The Last of Us.
boomsmitty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you have a PS4 then head to the Playstation Store and download P.T. for free. That should sort you out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.62%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.3%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.4%

Watched Threads