What is GCSE Additional Science like

Watch
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm Homeschooled so I'm not really too sure about the science ISA's (????) And coursework/controlled assessment but I'm wondering what's the difference between additional and core and what's it like X
LordPhylogeny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elmosandy)
I'm Homeschooled so I'm not really too sure about the science ISA's (????) And coursework/controlled assessment but I'm wondering what's the difference between additional and core and what's it like X
There is a slight difference in how challenging they are but if you can grasp Core then you should be fine with additional, as for ISA's they are tricky but if you have the rightr mindset and revise the right things then they are piece of cake.

I'm sure you will do well because with a lot of things all it requires is a little bit of hard work to get good results and Additional science is not that much harder than core.
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Core science is the 1st section which contains 6/7 topics of each science. Additional science is the next section which contains another 6 or so topics for each science. It isn't dramatically different or harder than core science but the topics go into a little more detail and are more interesting than those of core science. Let me know if you need any guidance on the ISAs or more information- I do AQA triple science
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elmosandy)
I'm homeschooled too so here my way of thinking it...

Science is built up on structure... in order to do the next level you got to do the one below also as you are homeschool I would not recommend you doing GCSE Science do IGCSE no different just no coursework as A-Level reforms are no coursework in 2-3 years so you would fly into it.

Combined Science (Single-Award) - Basics once you got a C you " unlock " additional (level 2) or if you get A* you " unlock " triple (level 3 of GCSE not level 3 in qualification) where it gives you an introduction to A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

Search up.. Wolsey Hall Oxford they are a brillant homeschool help you and guild you (no coursework) just exams.

Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads