Fashion vs. Textiles Watch

allyballyb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm trying to decide whether to apply for Fashion or Textiles at Glasgow School of Art. I know someone who is in the Textiles course and talked to some other students doing it, but haven't been able to speak to anyone doing Fashion. If anyone doing the course could tell me what it was like and why they picked that course - possibly over Textiles - it would be very helpful.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I noticed that you haven't received any responses yet. You may consider posting in the dedicated forum for Scottish universities - you can find the universities here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Good luck!
chickensthatfly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello, sorry to say im not an expert in those two studies but i've done some research on it and i can share my findings with you. Hopefully you find this useful

Textile designers work in textile manufacturing companies, textile design firms. Textile designer develop raw material for Fashion designers.

Fashion designers source fabric and other accessories for their creations. If required fashion designers seek help from textile designer for fabric designs what thought in their creations.
Fashion designers work in garment manufacturing companies, apparel buying houses or with buyers, design firms and film industry.

There's also a graduate feedback at the end of the page of this link:

http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/cours...18515/loc.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.66%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.66%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (100)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed