The Student Room Group

Applying for both a Bsc and an Msc?

Hi all,
Im hoping to become an occupational therapist, and will be applying for the Msc at my local university (deadline Febuary 28th) as I already hold a BA degree that I graduated from this summer.
However I am worried about my chances of getting onto the course due to its competivitve nature and the fact my previous degree was unrelated, and as I can't afford living costs for two years I can only really go to my local uni.
But I was also thinking of applying to the Bsc as then if I don't get into the Masters I might stand a better chance with the bachelors, however as this will be at the same uni will they know that I have done so and is it frowned upon to do that, I dont want to ruin my chances of getting in but I dont want to potentially be stuck in the dead end job that im doing now for another year. (thats if I get into either of course which might not happen!)

Original post by ShadowyPrincess
Hi all,
Im hoping to become an occupational therapist, and will be applying for the Msc at my local university (deadline Febuary 28th) as I already hold a BA degree that I graduated from this summer.
However I am worried about my chances of getting onto the course due to its competivitve nature and the fact my previous degree was unrelated, and as I can't afford living costs for two years I can only really go to my local uni.
But I was also thinking of applying to the Bsc as then if I don't get into the Masters I might stand a better chance with the bachelors, however as this will be at the same uni will they know that I have done so and is it frowned upon to do that, I dont want to ruin my chances of getting in but I dont want to potentially be stuck in the dead end job that im doing now for another year. (thats if I get into either of course which might not happen!)

It is frowned upon in the end but to be honest, when Uni's are making their decisions about whether or not to give you an offer they cannot see what you have applied for except your application to them.

If you are the right person for a bachelors then they will accept you irrespective of what else you have applied for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending