Neuroscience Msci at Kings Watch

tybg1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i've applied to kings for the msci degree neuroscience and i was wondering about my chances . my stats are:

GCSE: 7A*, 3A and a B
A level (achieved): AAAB
just really worried about the competition
chickensthatfly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, since your achieved grade has clearly passed their requirement, you stand a good chance in getting an offer. What that would help your application is an excellent ps and reference. Also, what subjects did you took ? And i'm assuming your predictions should be really high as well?

All the best
tybg1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by chickensthatfly)
Hi, since your achieved grade has clearly passed their requirement, you stand a good chance in getting an offer. What that would help your application is an excellent ps and reference. Also, what subjects did you took ? And i'm assuming your predictions should be really high as well?

All the best
I've already achieved AAAB at A level, i did maths, bio, chem and further maths, im just worried that because the Msci course (B141) has a higher entry requirements ( AAA) than the BSc (B140- AAB) so is there a higher level of competition for the MSci course?
chickensthatfly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
well not necessarily. maybe the course requires a higher degree of work and is more reputable compared to the other hence a way of showing its reputation is by the entry requirements. the competition level for the courses isnt the cause of the difference in entry grades. as i see it, you shouldnt worry too much on it now, because your grades clearly qualify for the course so i wouldnt stress out too much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads