The Student Room Group

Too much of a workload?

Currently doing Maths, Chemistry & Biology A2 at school
Self tutoring A level Further Maths
Possibly self tutoring A2 physics and doing ISA in school

Is this too much? Considering to not do the physics and just do the further maths AS to ease the workload.

Anyone else done this many a levels? how did they get on? I dont have a problem coping with the amount of work but I only imagine how I will feel during exam time.

Your input is appreciated, thank you!
I studied in the Netherlands, so it is possible that the system is a bit different there (though the qualifications are A-level equivalents), but I studied Dutch, English, French, Maths, Biology, and Chemistry (plus music, but I didn't have to sit an exam for that). It was okay throughout the year - like you, I didn't struggle with the workload - but exam time was very stressful, with everything squeezed into a week and on some days having to sit two exams.

I think it all depends on how easy you are finding the subjects, and how well you understand them. Could you really take on physics on top of your current workload? It also depends on what you are planning on studying at university. Do you really need physics for that? My studying French, chemistry and music wasn't really worth it, to be honest.

Is there anyone at your college you could have a chat with, to get an opinion on your options?

Quick Reply

Latest