The Student Room Group

Anyone worked nightshifts?

If yes did it affect you healthwise or anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I work 9pm-3am a few nights a week usually. It can be pretty hard to get used to but if you can sleep the next day until 11am or so, you should be alright. I've always had a pretty poor sleep routine so it hasn't been that much more difficult for me to get used to, but trying to balance it around lectures can be tricky.
I've worked 9-6 with uni at 9 the next morning. Not the smartest idea but i was in a little bit of a situation. Healthwise, being physically drained halfway through uni and ridiculously hyper at 4/5 in the morning aside, i was perfectly fine :smile: it can affect your social life though because you'll have to be asleep during the day or sliding in several powernaps where and when you can
I've worked 11pm to 7am and it was hard to get through the night without energy drinks and lots of them. It only affected my sleep quality because I always felt tired and sleepy.
I'm somewhat on nightshifts now. I don't have rigid working hours and I've been staying up through the night for about the past 7 months. It doesn't seem to have affected me.
Reply 5
I work 9pm-8am and I don't mind it at all, I usually work nightshifts when I don't have uni but whenever I do have uni the next day i'm usually able to get a few hours sleep beforehand so it's fine. I function well on little sleep though
Reply 6
Did 11 hour nightshifts at Sainsbury's, was alright healthwise but the managers wee ********s
Reply 7
I've done 8-5am and 10-7am for 3 months and 5-2am for 5 months. Doesn't really affect your health but ruins your social life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending