Masters in Sweden Watch

no-fat-chicks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I am expected to get a 2:1 Bachelors (hons) degree in business management from the university of hull in june 2015.

I'm thinking of applying for a masters at Lund University in Sweden.

Looking for advice such as what chances I'd have of getting a place, what masters are like in the field of business and how to actually fund the living expenses over there

Thanks
no-fat-chicks
Rep:
?
anyone?
Hallon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can only give you some general advice as I've only sat two exams in Lund (distance learning so only down on the train the day before and then five hours in a sports centre). Lund in itself is a lovely place and very student orientated.
(Original post by no-fat-chicks)

Looking for advice such as what chances I'd have of getting a place, what masters are like in the field of business
I can't answer that as I don't know the subject area, but keep in mind that the last application date is 15 Jan for autumn 2015.

(Original post by no-fat-chicks)
and how to actually fund the living expenses over there
This is one of major problems you will/might have. UK student finance does not allow you to use it for studying abroad (and any way don't do masters) and the Swedish equivalent, CSN, will only fund you if you can prove you have been resident in Sweden at least three of the last five years. There really is no way around it as I've looked in all nooks and crannies to get my Swedish speaking son studying over there with no tuition fees (he's now also in Hull).

The other problem you might find is accommodation. There aren't many halls in Sweden and I have read about Lund putting up army tents at the beginning of the year... But at least it should be easier than finding accommodation in Stockholm... On their site Lund advises prospective students to start looking asap and I agree.
no-fat-chicks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hallon)
......start looking asap and I agree.
Thanks for the reply, I noticed that the deadline for 2015 entry is January so I'm thinking of applying for 2016. This way I have a year to work once I graduate to earn and save for the living costs
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 4 years ago
Aren't masters in Sweden (and in other Scandinavian countries) 2 years?
no-fat-chicks
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomeStudent)
Aren't masters in Sweden (and in other Scandinavian countries) 2 years?
Most of them are from what I've seen but I think the quality of the education, at least in business and the fact that tuition fees are free for EU citizens make it worthwhile (imo)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (45)
29.61%
The paper was reasonable (75)
49.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
11.18%
It was TERRIBLE (15)
9.87%

Watched Threads