The Student Room Group

Really want to go out with him but cant! :(

There's this guy on my course who I REALLY like. We only usually talk when he is drunk on social nights and we get on well. In class, when we are sober, I'm always way too shy to talk to him and he doesn't talk either. Last night, we all went into town with our course mates and we were together the whole night. He even walked back with me and slept at mine (not in a sexual way but because he was too wasted to get back to his) and then when I all thought it was going well, he says..
'It would be weird going out because we're on the same course!'
So now I am crying loads because I like him but we can't go out over this. :frown: I feel so heartbroken and got my hopes up too much.
Reply 1
Man-up and just talk to him is pretty much the only option.

He's only human. Talk to him how you'd expect him to talk to you :smile:
Reply 2
But he said he won't go out with me because I'm on his course!
Reply 3
And he kept putting his arm round me when we were sleeping and I was expecting him to ask me out but he just said that!
I'm sorry but you're just going to have to move on, you can't make someone want to date you.
Original post by Anonymous
There's this guy on my course who I REALLY like. We only usually talk when he is drunk on social nights and we get on well. In class, when we are sober, I'm always way too shy to talk to him and he doesn't talk either. Last night, we all went into town with our course mates and we were together the whole night. He even walked back with me and slept at mine (not in a sexual way but because he was too wasted to get back to his) and then when I all thought it was going well, he says..
So now I am crying loads because I like him but we can't go out over this. :frown: I feel so heartbroken and got my hopes up too much.

I don't think what he said means you can't go out! Some people say stuff like that because it's what theyre thinking but it's rather tongue in cheek and doesn't amount too much. Weird doesn't equate to impossible , and the comment suggests that it's on his mind as well as yours.
Id say either go with the flow and see what happens, or try and talk more in class. You're in the same class so you must be able to relate to each other in terms of interests etc.
I'd talk to him, if you can't do it face to face then facebook or text or something? You never know, he may change his mind? Nothing is set in stone.
He brought it up in the hope you'd disagree with his statement :borat:
Weird? Who cares
Reply 9
And he also said, that he would kiss me but I'm on his course. :frown:
Did he say this while still drunk at your place? Try bringing it up when he's better able to make conversation.
Original post by ToastyCoke
He brought it up in the hope you'd disagree with his statement :borat:

^^This. You missed your chance to reply "I don't think it would be weird [raise eyebrows]".

And he also said, that he would kiss me but I'm on his course. :frown:

A guy won't bring up kissing...unless he wants to kiss you.

Game on I would say.
But I'm crying because he probably doesnt remember saying it and I've ruined my chance with him. But surely he must like me or he wouldn't have slept at my place :frown: or maybe he just slept here because he was drunk
id say you RKO him out of nowhere then 619 His ass :smile:
When you're drunk many places look like good sleeping spots, so I wouldn't read into that too much unless he specifically wanted to sleep at yours.

As for ruining your chances, you haven't ruined anything if he doesn't remember any of it. But like people have said, he's the one to bring up kissing and going out, so clearly it's on his mind! Flirt with him a bit, let him know you're interested.
Original post by VinnicombeDmv
When you're drunk many places look like good sleeping spots, so I wouldn't read into that too much unless he specifically wanted to sleep at yours.

As for ruining your chances, you haven't ruined anything if he doesn't remember any of it. But like people have said, he's the one to bring up kissing and going out, so clearly it's on his mind! Flirt with him a bit, let him know you're interested.

I cant flirt to save my life!
It doesn't have to be anything obvious, as you often see in movies. Flirting can be as simple as showing undue attention in something he's interested in, making a bit more (but not too much more) eye contact than usual, that kind of thing.

I struggle to see why he would say this, he's a man men tend to be straight forward, why would he bring up dating or kissing you if he didn't want to? I would suggest flirting with him and perhaps when you next go out make a move & try to kiss him, you will regret it if you don't make that step.
Just outright ask him. Then you can know for sure.

It's entirely possible he is gauging your reaction to this stuff to test the water so to speak. :dontknow:
Don't really understand this 'on the same course' business to be honest.

OP I hate to break it to you but I don't think that's the reason - he just doesn't want to date you. Either he's not attracted to you, or has a GF already.

You just have to get over it. It's a fact of life.

Note - the easiest way to get over it to ask outright and then ignore them forever if they say no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending