Ambre
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am in Year 12 and am looking for EPQ title ideas...my main interests are zoology/animal behaviour, biodiversity (especially in the Amazon rainforest), and evolution. I'm also interested in philosophy, particularly related to the subjects above...I just don't know how to narrow down my interests to a successful EPQ title. 'How did life begin from non life; what was the origin of the first replicating molecule (ie gene)?' -Would this be a good EPQ title?
Thanks
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ambre)
I am in Year 12 and am looking for EPQ title ideas...my main interests are zoology/animal behaviour, biodiversity (especially in the Amazon rainforest), and evolution. I'm also interested in philosophy, particularly related to the subjects above...I just don't know how to narrow down my interests to a successful EPQ title, I thought of doing something like 'What is the origin of the first replicating molecule and how did it evolve?' but I don't know if that would lead to much.
Thanks
From what I know about the EPQ is that it's meant to be a journey kind of thing - coulf you not start with that title, and maybe narrow down the subject as you go further and further into your essay/presentation???
Ambre
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
From what I know about the EPQ is that it's meant to be a journey kind of thing - coulf you not start with that title, and maybe narrow down the subject as you go further and further into your essay/presentation???
Surely you're supposed to start with a really focused question though? If I didn't know what I was trying to answer, my answer probably wouldn't have any structure to it XD
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ambre)
Surely you're supposed to start with a really focused question though? If I didn't know what I was trying to answer, my answer probably wouldn't have any structure to it XD
That's fair enough yeh - as I said, I only know what I've spoken to one of the EPQ teachers about it and from what I gathered it's meant to be a journey - I would suggest asking your teacher/tutor whether it's too structured or not...
Ambre
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
That's fair enough yeh - as I said, I only know what I've spoken to one of the EPQ teachers about it and from what I gathered it's meant to be a journey - I would suggest asking your teacher/tutor whether it's too structured or not...
yeah, I will, thanksh XD
CaptainCactus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What was your title in the end? I'm interested in very similar things: Papua New Guinean and Amazon rain forests. Ecology and that. I'm not sure!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads