Would you rather live 1/3 longer or never have to sleep?

Watch
Poll: Would you rather live 1/3 longer or never have to sleep?
Live a 3rd longer (23)
50%
Never have to sleep (22)
47.83%
Neither... (1)
2.17%
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was thinking about this yesterday, I can't decide.
Freudian Slip
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Definitely live a 1/3 longer... I love a good nap, me. :grin:
EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Never have to sleep; that's not saying I never CAN sleep. If I live 1/3 longer, chances are everyone I love will be dead by the time I die. Plus I might wind up living to be eaten by zombies. **** that.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I couldn't live without sleep. The onyl time when I am not at all stressing about something.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Neither
Tanqueray91
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
As I barely sleep anyway, I would have to say never have to sleep because then I just wouldn't get tired...
pahoeho
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Never having to sleep makes you more productive and presumably more successful during your working life. An extended 1/3 when you're older and weaker doesn't sound too appealing.
Smileyface97
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You lose like 1/3 of the day from sleeping so if you didn't have to sleep you would get a third extra anyways :cool:
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Live 1/3 longer, because although my waking time would be the same in both situations I'd like the opportunity to see some extra years. You'd get to see developments (and even people-grandchildren/great grandchildren) that you wouldn't otherwise!
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
As long as I don't suffer from the fatigue because of it, I'd never have to sleep! No doubt! I could get so much more done without having to sleep, and that extra 1/3rd of my life (so let's say that's another 20-30 years) - why would I want to live until I'm in my hundreds?? I'd rather have a shorter, much higher quality life.
DErasmus
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
None. I don't want to live too long and never having sleep seems like a negative, what the hell do I do with all that spare time?
Winter_is_here
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I quite like sleeping lol so would probably go with the extra lifespan haha
Captain Jack
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by DErasmus)
None. I don't want to live too long and never having sleep seems like a negative, what the hell do I do with all that spare time?
But there's so much to do and never enough time!
vxl429
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Definitely never sleep because that way you would spend the extra time while still young. Screw living the extra third in a care home etc.
MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
1/3 longer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sesshomaru24U
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've considered this once. I choose to go with no sleep. We only have a limited amount of time, better to spend it doing stuff then nothing. I take this viewpoint assuming we operate while just as effectively as having sleep.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Stupid question. Even if I would not sleep 8 or 9 hours, my lifespan would not extend. Its the same one, but without sleep.
FreshGarbage
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Not sleep! As long as I didn't get tired. Ah I would have enough hours in the day to do everything I wanted. I'd have spare time to revise and ace my exams, party every day, watch films all night, never get jet lag xD That definitely beats being in an old peoples home for an extra 20years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Banshee38
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Neither
Life loses quality after like 80 as the people you would probably be dead and you can't do much due to lack muscle

There isn't much to do at night time and you wouldn't be able to have dreams. Sleep is like a break from the stress of life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Captain Jack)
I was thinking about this yesterday, I can't decide.
Considering the potential breakthroughs in technology or genetic engineering i would definitely live a third longer in the hope that i could then further prolong my life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads