The Student Room Group

Do smaller Universities make you feel isolated?

I went to visit Bath Spa the other day, and the course I'm looking at seems really good, better than all the other places i've visited. Only problem is I felt like it was sort of in the middle of nowhere and quite small. I think if I went there I'd feel a bit isolated and then maybe wouldn't enjoy university as a whole. I think maybe a university with a bigger campus would be more exciting, but then is it worth compromising on the course to get that? What does anyone else think?
Original post by BenCarver
I went to visit Bath Spa the other day, and the course I'm looking at seems really good, better than all the other places i've visited. Only problem is I felt like it was sort of in the middle of nowhere and quite small. I think if I went there I'd feel a bit isolated and then maybe wouldn't enjoy university as a whole. I think maybe a university with a bigger campus would be more exciting, but then is it worth compromising on the course to get that? What does anyone else think?

I have a friend who goes to Keele which is kind of isolated but she says that the student union make it very easy to go out and have fun.

Going out is quite important to me so despite this I am still going to a campus university near a town but compromising on the course is essentially up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest