The Student Room Group

What are my chances realistically ???

My predicted grades are ABC and I've applied to the following courses. Here are their grade requirements:

Southampton BSc child nursing: ABB-BBB
Nottingham BSc child nursing: BBB
King's College BSc nursing: BBB
City University BSc child nursing: 300 UCAS points or BBB
South Bank BSc child nursing: BCC

Do you think that i'd be able get an offer from these unis ?? I'm doing multiple resits hoping to achieve better grades than my predicted grades

Thank you in advance :smile:
TBH your grades are less important than your PS and reference (and performance at interview) for Nursing. Especially for child nursing.

If you're predicted ABC then there's no reason that your GRADES would prevent you from getting an interview. But that doesn't mean that you're guaranteed.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
TBH your grades are less important than your PS and reference (and performance at interview) for Nursing. Especially for child nursing.

If you're predicted ABC then there's no reason that your GRADES would prevent you from getting an interview. But that doesn't mean that you're guaranteed.

That's very reassuring
Reply 3
Original post by Shanzii
My predicted grades are ABC and I've applied to the following courses. Here are their grade requirements:

Southampton BSc child nursing: ABB-BBB
Nottingham BSc child nursing: BBB
King's College BSc nursing: BBB
City University BSc child nursing: 300 UCAS points or BBB
South Bank BSc child nursing: BCC

Do you think that i'd be able get an offer from these unis ?? I'm doing multiple resits hoping to achieve better grades than my predicted grades

Thank you in advance :smile:

What are you actually grades?
Reply 4
Original post by chem@uni
What are you actually grades?

If you mean my AS grades then I got:

Psychology - B
Biology - D
Chemistry - D

I was predicted ABB at first then they degraded it :frown:

I'm planning on retaking 1 module in biology and 2 modules in chemistry to boost my overall grade
Reply 5
All is possible hun, I went from a C at AS to an A. Depends how much you want it
Reply 6
Original post by MCarlene
All is possible hun, I went from a C at AS to an A. Depends how much you want it

How did you go from that do you think? any tips?
Reply 7
Original post by chem@uni
How did you go from that do you think? any tips?

Use the subject specification as a guideline for revision. Eg look at what you need to learn and tick off as you go along. Also stick mindmaps around your house (best place being your hallway) erm, I found that using a whiteboard helped me. Whenever I revised, I had a short break and before I went back to revising I wrote down stuff on my white board that I could remember and whatever I forgot I would write it on the board with a red pen. I don't know what a red pen does but in this case I always used to remember anything I wrote in jt instantly.
Test your friends too. That seemed to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending