significance of the existence of L’Action française in the interwar years?

Watch this thread
xirles1995
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What was the significance of the existence and activities of L’Action française in the interwar years?

Just need a few bullet points, not a lot of detail.

Completely clueless.
Mayanne
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hi !
L'Action Française was a antisemitic, xenophobic and royalist newspaper at the head of which was Charles Maurras. It's famous for its implication in the "Affaire Dreyfys" (1894)
During the "Entre-deux Guerres", it developped its audience mainly with anti-feministic points of view, as well as support of the various facist regimes.
The publication and succes that this newspaper recieved shows that during that period, there were still many people in France who had racist, and extremely right-winged, POVs.
Hope that this helps.
If I may ask, what is it for ?
xirles1995
Rep:
(Original post by Mayanne)
Hi !
L'Action Française was a antisemitic, xenophobic and royalist newspaper at the head of which was Charles Maurras. It's famous for its implication in the "Affaire Dreyfys" (1894)
During the "Entre-deux Guerres", it developped its audience mainly with anti-feministic points of view, as well as support of the various facist regimes.
The publication and succes that this newspaper recieved shows that during that period, there were still many people in France who had racist, and extremely right-winged, POVs.
Hope that this helps.
Thanks, some good points for me to research in more detail!!
It is for a presentation. I know more of Spanish history, not really French. But it is a module I am taking this semester.
Mayanne
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xirles1995)
Thanks, some good points for me to research in more detail!!
It is for a presentation. I know more of Spanish history, not really French. But it is a module I am taking this semester.
You're welcome. It's funny you should ask that, I had a test about this today !
Which uni are you at ?
Mayanne
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi !
Hope that this helps.
Sorry, I made a mistake. "Action Française" was very much "nationnaliste" (I have no idea who you say that in English"), and so, extremey anti-germanic, because they thought nazi germany was a threat to France, but they didn't actually have a problem with the nazi doctrine. In fact they supported Hitler's antisemitic point of view
xirles1995
Rep:
Sorry, I made a mistake. "Action Française" was very much "nationnaliste" (I have no idea who you say that in English"), and so, extremey anti-germanic, because they thought nazi germany was a threat to France, but they didn't actually have a problem with the nazi doctrine. In fact they supported Hitler's antisemitic point of view
Thanks! Queens!
Would you say there are any links between the Action Francaise and the intellectual life? For example, humanism, dadaism, iconoclasm?
Mayanne
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xirles1995)
Thanks! Queens!
Would you say there are any links between the Action Francaise and the intellectual life? For example, humanism, dadaism, iconoclasm?
Honestly, I have no idea. The only reason I know about the "Action Française" is because I'm studying the Affaire Dreyfus in History class.
Sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
27.47%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.07%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.79%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.3%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.49%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.4%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.2%

Watched Threads