The Student Room Group

Why does my Ex want me to know there are others chasing her?

My Ex-GF dumped me 2 months ago, and we were in a relationship for 2 years. She said that she wanted to be friends and I agreed. We go to the same University and see each other almost on a daily basis since we have the same friendship group too. She feels awkward around me and she acts cold/emotionless.

There was a misunderstanding a few days ago where she read a blog of mine (about jealousy) and somehow thought that I'm acting close to "her" friends (even though they are my friends too) to be in her face and to get her attention. I wanted to talk to her to clear things up but she said she didn't want to talk. Today, a mutual friend of ours talked to her about the whole thing.

Our mutual friend told me about their conversation and here is how it goes. She started off by asking whether things are awkward with me, and my Ex said "Yes, things are awkward again after reading his blog". My mutual friend told her my explanation, however my Ex-GF said she doesn't care anymore. She also said that I'm not her boyfriend anymore so my things don't have anything to do with her. Then my friend ask her what else she wants me to know, and surprisingly my Ex did say something. She told her friend that she wants me to know that there are other people chasing her now. Then they talked about how this "god brother" of her asked her to go out on a date with him, but she turned him down since she wasn't interested (not sure if this part was included in the thing she wanted to tell me). She also said that she doesn't want to date anyone anymore after what she has been through, and would turn anyone down.

I'm so confused right now. Why does she say that she doesn't care anymore, but wants me to know that there are other guys chasing her? Is that a sign telling me to give up on chasing her? Or is she trying to tell me to step my game up and start changing? Please give me your view on this.

NOTE: We broke up because I kept repeating the same mistakes (i.e acting too close to my female friends), and she broke up with me because she was too disappointed. I feel like she is hurt badly emotionally since she did cry a few times when she broke up with me, but I'm unsure because she seems emotionless/fine when she is around me.
Reply 1
Original post by Rumschpringe
To me, your ex girlfriend sounds a bit whiney and insecure. If you want to go out with her again, and deal with more insecurity and whining, by all means start giving her your undivided attention. If you're tired of it then just ignore her confusing messages and she'll get over it eventually.

I've tried to get close to her, but it seems to be pushing her further away since she acts cold/emotionless.
Reply 2
Sounds to me like she still has feelings for you but is trying to act tough externally.

I don't know, this reminds me a bit too much of a friend of my sister's who has an extremely insecure( she's also abusive but I won't go into that) gf who would do things like acting out to get attention and isolate him from his female friends....

I don't know man, it sounds like you dodged a bullet to me, but it can't be a pleasant thing to be subject to a cold shoulder and awkward instances with your mutual friends.
Reply 3
I still have feelings for her and I want to get her back. However she said we are not getting back together again. I want to find out if she still has feelings for me, or she wants me to get out of her life.
The best way to deal with this is do a 180. Don't be rude/obnoxious/arrogant with it, remain civil/courteous/polite (not cold) but otherwise just get in with your life. Don't talk about her to mutual friends etc who may pass on messages... she may or may not respond to it. If she doesn't, it's because she's probably genuinely done.. Either way, keep moving forward and moving on for your own sake..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by PrittyVacant
The best way to deal with this is do a 180. Don't be rude/obnoxious/arrogant with it, remain civil/courteous/polite (not cold) but otherwise just get in with your life. Don't talk about her to mutual friends etc who may pass on messages... she may or may not respond to it. If she doesn't, it's because she's probably genuinely done.. Either way, keep moving forward and moving on for your own sake..

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long should I do this for at least? I truely want her back, but I feel like there is just too much sadness/hate/disappointment between the two of us. I want to show her that I've changed and would become a suitable person for her. How do I get her to notice my changes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending