How do people get in relationships these days? Watch

username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I mean say you talk to someone you find attractive in person then how would that turn into boyfriend & girlfriend?
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Find stuff that you have in common with that person. Films, music, anything that you can use to ask that person out. Are you both interested in seeing a particular movie? Suggest that you go see it together. That sort of thing. It will lead to an exchange of numbers, and from there on you have fun together, get to know the other better, and if you really click, it could well lead to a relationship.
WiFi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Find stuff that you have in common with that person. Films, music, anything that you can use to ask that person out.
Yes, no and maybe...

I don't know, but based on what I'm seeing around me... getting to know someone very well and finding things in common takes long time. Most relationships I'm seeing are not even that long! They often start by physical attraction and some alcohol to make the interaction easier. After that they **** and then they hit it off for a short while until something goes wrong and they move on to someone else.
PrittyVacant
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I first met my partner - we were both volunteering at Barnardo's, there was just an instant attraction.. Over the course of a few months, we spent time together at volunteering, which turned into him walking me to the bus stop, then going for drinks before walking to the bus stop, texting, emailing, eventually led to phonecalls, meeting up for coffees, trips out, invites as each other's plus one to things, genuine interest in each other's lives, family and friends; it was just a very natural progression and very enjoyable - 3 years later, we are best friends and very much in love. When and where I LEAST expected to find someone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Becoming friends with the person helps, theres a fine line between being good friends and then being too close as friends that kills off any chance of a relationship if that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Find stuff that you have in common with that person. Films, music, anything that you can use to ask that person out. Are you both interested in seeing a particular movie? Suggest that you go see it together. That sort of thing. It will lead to an exchange of numbers, and from there on you have fun together, get to know the other better, and if you really click, it could well lead to a relationship.
General advice isn't bad, but movies are a bad first date idea, you really want to be able to talk to the person.

(Original post by WiFi)
Yes, no and maybe...

I don't know, but based on what I'm seeing around me... getting to know someone very well and finding things in common takes long time. Most relationships I'm seeing are not even that long! They often start by physical attraction and some alcohol to make the interaction easier. After that they **** and then they hit it off for a short while until something goes wrong and they move on to someone else.
Sounds a lot like my relationship... except it's been three and a half years and it hasn't gone wrong yet! Not that I would say it's a good way to meet someone- neither of us were actually looking for a relationship out of it. I guess the lesson is that as long as you are out there meeting people, things can develop.
username927016
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
From what point would you consider it a relationship though, not just 2 people hanging out, if it starts to get physical? Or you confess your affection for someone & they reciprocate? Just wondering
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Multitalented me)
From what point would you consider it a relationship though, not just 2 people hanging out, if it starts to get physical? Or you confess your affection for someone & they reciprocate? Just wondering
That's the tricky bit, where people usually end up posting "What does this mean?" It really depends on the person you're with, and how forthcoming they are about where they think the relationship is at, and where they would like it to be at. If you're lucky, you'll find someone who is quite open about that sort of stuff. If you're not, you may have to test the waters after a few dates - ask if they're seeing other people and what they're looking for (just a friend, no-strings-attached fun or a relationship). Just be casual about it. If they're not seeing other people and they're looking for a relationship, and they're willing to go on another date after you asking that, it's a good sign .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.21%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (38)
9.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (74)
19.07%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (58)
14.95%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (43)
11.08%
How can I be the best version of myself? (116)
29.9%

Watched Threads