URGENT chi squared test of association

Watch this thread
tgwktm
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I need to know if this statistical test is a test that tests a relationship or a difference. At the moment I have hypotheses that state that the test is for an association but i am not sure if i should actually be saying the test is for a difference. this is for some coursework that i need to submit really soon so i need an answer quick please!
username456717
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tgwktm)
I need to know if this statistical test is a test that tests a relationship or a difference. At the moment I have hypotheses that state that the test is for an association but i am not sure if i should actually be saying the test is for a difference. this is for some coursework that i need to submit really soon so i need an answer quick please!
Can you try explaining it more, i'm not sure i follow.
tgwktm
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Can you try explaining it more, i'm not sure i follow.
well on my tasksheet for my coursework it says that i need to use the chi squared test for association. I thought chi squared tests were used for testing differences so that got me confused. i want to know what this chi squared test tests for: difference or association.
hope that is better
username456717
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tgwktm)
well on my tasksheet for my coursework it says that i need to use the chi squared test for association. I thought chi squared tests were used for testing differences so that got me confused. i want to know what this chi squared test tests for: difference or association.
hope that is better
Ok. It is a very useful test.

Here is some more information to help you.

https://statistics.laerd.com/spss-tu...statistics.php
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
26.47%
As I expected (45)
33.09%
Harder (48)
35.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.15%

Watched Threads