triple science Watch

queenbee.11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i really would like to become a doctor in the future, i have already chosen my GCSEs option but i'm not doing triple science, instead i'm doing double science. But to become a doctor do i have to do triple science. i'm a little afraid that i won't have the opportunity now to become a doctor as i didn't take triple science.
Canttellyou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course not! I do triple science just because I like academics more than the other options on offer. I also want to become a doctor as well, but I've learnt through lots of my own research that as long as you do well at gcse it doesn't matter what you choose as long as you like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by queenbee.11)
i really would like to become a doctor in the future, i have already chosen my GCSEs option but i'm not doing triple science, instead i'm doing double science. But to become a doctor do i have to do triple science. i'm a little afraid that i won't have the opportunity now to become a doctor as i didn't take triple science.
Triple science isn't as important as you think Just do as well as you can!
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Triple science isn't the be all end all it is the grades that matter to be able to do science at a level and be a competitive applicant. Don't worry about it, there'll be plenty of others who haven't even had the option to do triple
Amzzyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You don't need to do triple science to become a doctor. Also, doing double science will not stop you from doing science subjects at A Level and therefore there is no need to worry.
Theafricanlegend
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do triple science then.

Talk to teachers ask them to sign u up and you work for it
(That is if you want to be a doctor)
thepurplerain
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you are in Year 9, you can probably still change to triple science by contacting your science teacher(s) and/or your head of year or another member of staff. Also, at my school, the work I was doing in double science was the same as the work that the triple science sets were doing for the first few months anyway, so you may still have time to switch sets.

However, you do not have to do triple science at GCSE to study a science at A Level. Yes, it may be helpful to, but as long as you are determined to work hard, you will be fine. Also, consider how you work. If you achieve A*'s in both Core and Additional Science, that may be better than Bs/As across the three sciences. Speak to someone at school about it and try to stay calm
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can still do Science A levels if you have only taken Additional Science but be prepared for a steep learning curve to catch up when you start 6th form. You will also tend to find the grade you need be allowed to take Science A levels slightly higher (e.g. at my school you only need a B at separate Science to do the subject at A level but you need an A at Additional Science) but if you want to read medicine you need to be aiming for A* anyway so this should be irrelevant.

However, if you want to be a medic because you have a real interest in science the question is: why are you only taking Additional Science?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish