The Student Room Group

Really like guy on my course but I'm shy!!

There's a guy on my course who is just my type and I really like him, he's quite loud and chatty whereas I am quiet. We went on a social event for my course (clubbing, drinking etc) and because I was drunk, I ended up talking to him loads and he came back to mine but nothing 'like that' happened. When I am sober, I wouldn't dare go up to him so now I'm panicking because at Monday at 9am, I have a seminar with him so I don't know if I should talk to him and I wouldn't know what to say to him anyway. And I'm not sure if he likes me back or only spoke to me because he was drunk. Help! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
There's a guy on my course who is just my type and I really like him, he's quite loud and chatty whereas I am quiet. We went on a social event for my course (clubbing, drinking etc) and because I was drunk, I ended up talking to him loads and he came back to mine but nothing 'like that' happened. When I am sober, I wouldn't dare go up to him so now I'm panicking because at Monday at 9am, I have a seminar with him so I don't know if I should talk to him and I wouldn't know what to say to him anyway. And I'm not sure if he likes me back or only spoke to me because he was drunk. Help! :frown:

You just need some confidence to go talk to him on Monday and ask him out or something. No biggie. You guys had a great time so you want to spend more time with him now.

There's no way of finding out if he likes you unless you take the plunge yourself.
Perhaps he will save you the bother of worrying and come up to you? From what you say, he sounds extroverted, so may have enough confidence for both of you and be able to put you at ease. All else failing, flash him a nice friendly smile, even if you can't manage words :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
But I feel like I've made a fool out of myself after he stayed at mine, and he left at like half 8 in the morning so he can't like me that much..
Reply 4
read the poem 'upon seeing the 100% perfect girl'...

it might seem far fetched but the moral is basically to take your opportunity by its shoulders. I myself had a similar situation but i missed out on my 100% perfect guy because i lacked confidence in myself and believed he would never find me attractive. If you think negatively- you will act negatively. Before you leave for you seminars in the morning look in the mirror and tell yourself out loud what your favourite bodily feature and character feature is and tell yourself that it is amazing. Heck, tell yourself that you are BEAUTIFUL and then others (especially your crush) will see that. Tehehe good luck my friend and don't forget that there is nothing to be afraid of- as some people say YOLO!!. :smile:
Reply 5
But he probably only spoke to me because he was drunk
Reply 6
well sorry sweetie but if he ONLY spoke to because he was drunk then he is either shy himself when it comes to speaking to you when he's sober (LIKE YOU!) . Or... your right..

I personally would prefer to believe the former rather than the later for the sake of confidence. If he doesn't talk to you then whats the harm in you talking to him on monday?:smile:
You were brave enough to go on a social event involving clubbing and drinking, what makes you think you can't (wo)man up and just talk like you normally do?
Reply 8
Original post by shawn_o1
You were brave enough to go on a social event involving clubbing and drinking, what makes you think you can't (wo)man up and just talk like you normally do?

exactly! you can do it :smile:
Reply 9
Because my skin is bad right now and I wouldn't know what to say!
Surely a "Hi, I saw you the other night" would do?
But I'm cringing because he slept in my bed and he probably has the wrong idea about me. But he did ask if he could stay at mine so idk
Because my skin is bad right now and I wouldn't know what to say!

Unfortunately though we're advising you, not him. You can pretend like nothing happened, ask him out, or do something in between. I'd advise doing something in between - making eye contact and a smile in the seminar should be enough of a hint for him.

If you don't take the opportunity to give him a positive vibe, he may never move things forward and you will always wonder.
trust me, the last thing that would cross his mind is your skin. Just remember that words are the way to a mans heart. My skin is frightful with excema and spots but that doesn't mean i should go out of my way of finding happiness with a cute guy just because of it!

Just come up to him with shoulders back and a nice smile and say something like: "hey! did i see you last night? I think i remember seeing a guy as cute as you"
i don't really know about chat up lines to be honest but just give it a go. And if it isn't such a good starter than laugh about it and he will help you out (if he's a gentleman) :smile:
I can't even sleep I'm so stressed and panicking about seeing him on Monday!!
I can't even sleep I'm so stressed and panicking about seeing him on Monday!!

stay calm dude- its not as if you had a one night stand with him and the whole school knows about it (unless you did?)
Just relax!!! Like said, flash a cute smile - nothing vaguely resembling Cheshire Cat - and it'll a) relax him and b) should suggest that you acknowledge he spent the night and that you're fine with it and have no issues with it - it's not like you slept with him. Him leaving at 8:30am means nothing.

I'm 30 - had a few similar situations. A smile is confident and speaks volumes. You did nothing wrong so have no need to feel ashamed or embarrassed.
Original post by andrejaos
stay calm dude- its not as if you had a one night stand with him and the whole school knows about it (unless you did?)

No he just spooned me the whole night, that's it, then left at like half 8, which I was disappointed about
And he hasn't text me or anything since :/
i completely agree, you may feel disappointed but hey he DID come to yours and spoon you :smile: there is a feeling in the air- just smile and show that your happy and okay with it
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending