The Student Room Group

To become a doctor

what a level do i have to take in college to become a doctor and how many a levels can you do
hi, you will need at least 3 with biology, chemistry and maths as compulsory subjects. however, most unis in the uk will only accept students with 4 full a level subjects. my collegemates who are planning on reading biology normally take bio,chem, phy and maths
Reply 2
Most people do 3 full a levels and 4 AS levels.
Chemistry and Biology are generally required for medicine and another science subject is sometimes preferred by universities.
Reply 3
you usually do 4 as and 3 alevels
id suggest bio chem and maths and for another as (physics or philosophy)
Usually you do 4AS levels and drop one so you do 3 full a levels. Chemistry is an actual requirement and with that I would do biology and maths (maths isn't necessary though but will compliment and help). For your 4th you could pick either something you enjoy or a subject that shows that you can do essay based work as well such as english literature, a language, psychology or philosophy and ethics e.t.c :smile:
I'm looking at doing bio, chemistry, maths and then either physics or philosophy. What would you recommend?
Reply 6
Original post by lucyrose98
I'm looking at doing bio, chemistry, maths and then either physics or philosophy. What would you recommend?

I think physics or maths would be a good fourth subject, it depends how able you are/ which you enjoy more.

I took physics at AS and found it horrendous, but grade boundaries often tend to be quite low haha!

Quick Reply

Latest