Aslevel maths in 3days!

Watch this thread
Acrux
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Finishing alevel maths in three days C1, C2 and S1. Is it possible?
Why me
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Are You havin a laugh
AS Maths is the hardest a level
username1432214
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Given that you got A-A* at gcse maths then C1 and C2 should be very easy. S1 is slightly different, a lot of stuff from gcse maths but some new stuff like Conditional probability / combinations and pemutations which I found confusing at first.

You could probably do C1&C2 in three days .. but not all three
Acrux
Rep:
(Original post by Why me)
Are You havin a laugh
AS Maths is the hardest a level
Lol really?
I thought it would be further maths or physics i certainly find them harder
Patrick Gekko
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If you worked almost non stop probably but it is an unnecessary stunt imo
C1 can be done in a day though, as can c2
I haven't done s1 yet but probably also easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why me
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Patrick Gekko)
If you worked almost non stop probably but it is an unnecessary stunt imo
C1 can be done in a day though, as can c2
I haven't done s1 yet but probably also easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
No Mate
I'm doing S1 now and it is alright
it is not easy like core 1
especially learning the formulas
Graph
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You are learning them all from scratch in three days? Why? If you do get through it all I highly doubt it'll be thorough enough.
Nuvertion
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah if you want an E.
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Obviously not
Meeeee:)
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Acrux
Rep:
(Original post by Nuvertion)
Yeah if you want an E.
That doesnt make sense
Youd be going through every question..
Plus you could then go over the book another 3-4 times quicker :cool:
VannR
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Not possible. Quickest I could see anyone doing it is one month.
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Why do you need to do it in 3 days???
Acrux
Rep:
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Why do you need to do it in 3 days???
want to get it out the way of my other alevels
rakib567
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
3 days hell no!
maths is about consistent practice throughout the year and doing millions of papers.
s_________
Badges: 9
Report 7 years ago
You have a good few months. Maths isn't something you get out the way, it's not as easy as that. Further maths pupils take around a week-month to finish a module of learning and that's like the crazy super smart Chinese boarders in my sch who have already learnt most of the course.
popo123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Possible if you're already a capable mathematician- C1 and C2 is doable in 3 days but S1 is less ability to understand and more just churning through stuff.
But why bother doing it that way...? C1 and C2 provide the foundation for C3 C4 (and FP2/3 if you're gonna do them) you should take some time to fully grasp them- even if you can do the test papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Major Wilson
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Unless your IQ is 150> then it'll take at least a month to do C1 to understand all concepts thoroughly enough, what are your other A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Azurefeline
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
No way. Even with a further maths GCSE/free standing, there's a lot of new concepts which need to be learned, and if you overlook them now you might scrape through exams (although you would have to do some SERIOUS revision which would be more like learning), you would fail miserably at A2 maths.
Acrux
Rep:
(Original post by Major Wilson)
Unless your IQ is 150> then it'll take at least a month to do C1 to understand all concepts thoroughly enough, what are your other A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physisc Economics and Further Maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
17.76%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (38)
35.51%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.61%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.87%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.35%
Reading articles about what steps to take (20)
18.69%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (5)
4.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.54%

Watched Threads