History Representations Controlled Assessment Watch

georgeandbertie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone who has done/is doing the Edexcel GCSE history and is doing the 20 mark controlled assessment where you have to compare three representations

(my school is doing it on civil rights and I'm finding it hard to decide how to rate the representations)

What's most important in a representation?:

• accuracy
  • completeness
  • objectivity

any further advice/tips are greatly appreciated!
thepurplerain
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I completed my controlled assessment for Edexcel GCSE History before summer and compared the three representations on accuracy, comprehensiveness(completeness) and objectivity individually. I ordered each of the three sources (1,2,3) on each aspect I then looked at which representation had the best overall score.

In terms of other advice, make sure you use evidence to support your reasonings; not just what is within the representation itself, but also use your own knowledge to boost your grade.

Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions
ilincaxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! I'm doing that coursework at the moment as well. We were given the three representations last Friday so we will be writing it up next week. One thing I found helpful is doing a table for the accuracy, completeness and objectivity. How's it going for you? Also, what's your third representation? Ours is a picture with the Selma to Montgomery march.
ilincaxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thepurplerain)
I completed my controlled assessment for Edexcel GCSE History before summer and compared the three representations on accuracy, comprehensiveness(completeness) and objectivity individually. I ordered each of the three sources (1,2,3) on each aspect I then looked at which representation had the best overall score.

In terms of other advice, make sure you use evidence to support your reasonings; not just what is within the representation itself, but also use your own knowledge to boost your grade.

Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions
Hey! I'm also currently doing the representations coursework. Thanks for these tips, but I also have difficulties analysing the two text representations; the ones provided by the exam board. Our third representation is a picture of the Selma to Montgomery march, which I find easy to analyse. What did you have as your third representation? And if you don't mind, what were your main points regarding the first two representation? Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads