megan98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am considering applying to veterinary bioscience at Glasgow Uni but I'm worried that i won't have a good chance because of my higher results (one of my results was a C) so i was wondering if anyone else has been or is in this position and managed to get an offer/ accepted.

Thank you
chickensthatfly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi, you might be interested to know that the standard entry requirements for higher is AAAAB (including Chemistry and Biology) by the end of S5 AND Advanced Highers in Chemistry and Biology from S6 (both at Grade B minimum).

Applicants are not considered for entry to Veterinary Medicine from S5. S5 Grades must include Chemistry (at Grade A) and Biology, and either Maths or Physics. You must have English at either Standard Grade 2, or an Intermediate 2.

I think since you have 5 choices, if you meet the minimum requirements of chem and bio then perhaps u could try for glasgow. however, you have to make sure that at least 3 other offers are attainable in your application just in case
nyomiband
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, is anyone on here applied to go and do veterinary biosciences at glasgow?
CanineVet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chickensthatfly)
hi, you might be interested to know that the standard entry requirements for higher is AAAAB (including Chemistry and Biology) by the end of S5 AND Advanced Highers in Chemistry and Biology from S6 (both at Grade B minimum).

Applicants are not considered for entry to Veterinary Medicine from S5. S5 Grades must include Chemistry (at Grade A) and Biology, and either Maths or Physics. You must have English at either Standard Grade 2, or an Intermediate 2.

I think since you have 5 choices, if you meet the minimum requirements of chem and bio then perhaps u could try for glasgow. however, you have to make sure that at least 3 other offers are attainable in your application just in case
Not to shoot down your response but the data which you have provided is for the Veterinary Medicine and Surgery course at Glasgow University not Veterinary Biosciences

(Original post by megan98)
I am considering applying to veterinary bioscience at Glasgow Uni but I'm worried that i won't have a good chance because of my higher results (one of my results was a C) so i was wondering if anyone else has been or is in this position and managed to get an offer/ accepted.

Thank you
Hi! I myself have primarily applied for Veterinary Medicine (including Glasgow where I got an interview) but I also applied for Veterinary Biosciences at Glasgow where I recently received a conditional offer! I personally got 5 A's last year but the prospectus states that all that is required is ABBB at first sitting. Bear in mind that in S6, you must take two advanced highers (one of which must be Chemistry or Biology) and offer of CC based on these will be made, which is what I received. So as long as your results fulfil this then you will be fine!

EDIT: I am just aware that this post was other 2 months ago so sorry if you are already aware of what is required etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rjjardine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you weren't to get maths in your first sitting but got everything else and got it in your second do you think there would be a chance to get accepted?
Shabracadabra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rjjardine)
If you weren't to get maths in your first sitting but got everything else and got it in your second do you think there would be a chance to get accepted?
Your best bet would be to contact the undergraduate admissions at the vet school. They are friendly and will let you know all the information you require about your grades, applying etc.

Their contact info is on the Vet School Website
Rjjardine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay! Thanks very much!😊
lp25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nyomiband)
Hello, is anyone on here applied to go and do veterinary biosciences at glasgow?
I have applied and it's my first choice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads