Capsule Supplements Watch

Jiraiya Sama
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello Peepz,

I have bought 2 packs of capsule supplements. They are quite large in size, compared to tablets. For the life of me, I have never been able to have tablets/pills of any sorts and have always turned to liquid form.

I was wondering, if I took the contents of the capsules, and put them in a shake, would it be ineffective or less potent compared to force feeding myself the capsules?

Any tips?

Many thanks
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't imagine it would be any less effective. But depending on what the supplement is, its probably pretty concentrated and might taste pretty vile even in a shake
chickensthatfly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, yes you can take it in liquid form, it is as effective and more easily absorbed by your body for that matter.

I have troubles swallowing tablets and capsules as well so i tend to avoid taking them but if im forced to, i normally just empty the contents to a tablespoon of honey and it works just fine.

Here's the article if you'd like to read up

http://www.livestrong.com/article/44...id-supplement/
laur8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Usually the powder inside capsules taste nasty, try and force feed yourself the capsules. It will be unpleasant but this is how I 'taught' myself to be able to take tablets/capsules.
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It would be best to try and find an equivalent oral syrup/suspension formulation rather than crushing the capsule. Same reason as to why you shouldn't crush and/or chew tablets, as it can affect their absorption profile.

Hope this helps!
Jiraiya Sama
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Yeah, it smells vile, but I have tried to swallow one today, after the first (being very put off), I felt like I was choking :/

Will probably just open the capsule and put it in a shake.

Thanks
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's in these capsules?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (502)
59.69%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.11%
No- I want it (239)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (57)
6.78%

Watched Threads