This discussion is closed.
hihihihi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
if you have a part time job in a hospital could you please reply with what it is, what it entails, your age, your hours/pay. also how you got the job/ how you applied
H&E
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
if you have a part time job in a hsopitl could youplease reply with what it is, what it entails, your age, your hours/pay. also how you got the job how you /applid
I'll put a fiver down no-one answers your question unless you rephrase it into a more sympathetic form ("I'm trying to get work experience in a hospital, could anyone give me some advice/help" etc)
hihihihi
Rep:
?
i'm not looking for work exp, but an actual part time job
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
look at the website for you local NHS trust - there will be a vacanciess ection.

Your local rag is a good place to start too...
Fairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Depends on how old you are but most paid work for students will probably involve filing of some sort in the medical records. If you want to go round the wards then you will probably need to volunteer....but I would speak with your local NHS trust and/or hospital as it may be different deprensing on where you are
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm pretty sure theres some sort of insurance thing that prevents things like this happening. Or at elast thats what the SHO said
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I'm pretty sure theres some sort of insurance thing that prevents things like this happening. Or at elast thats what the SHO said
it seems to depend on the Trust you're working for. It also depends on the people you will come incolntact with - for example it will be bear impossible to work with children or the terminally ill until you're 18, and then you need a full CRB disclosure. Other stuff seems do-able at 16.
sashh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could be a cordiographer part time. Lots of hospitals employ them on a part time basis. You basically spend all day doing ECGs.
hihihihi
Rep:
?
well i sent a letter to my local hosp and they phoned me while i was at school and left a message with my mum at home saying that only people that are 17 and 1/2 yers old are allowed to work
i am 17 at the end of may so i have to wait a further 6 months to begin! which is frustrating because i wanted to work and talk about it in my university interviews etc.
joley
Report 15 years ago
I had a temp job for Salford PCT - and kept on browsing the internal vacancies until one came up that was part time/right hours and more relevant work experience.

I now work at a local hospital at an out-of-hours clinic. Do 2 night shifts which are soo quiet I get to spend 14 hours per week catching up on my college work etc.

Once you have a job within a hospital it is then a lot easier to move/change jobs if and when you want.
Little Willow
Report 15 years ago
My bf is 17 and is a domestic assisant in the local hospital, bit more hands on with the patients than say filing and he really enjoys it. He's thinking of becoming an auxiliary nurse in the summer when he's 18, think you have to do some extra training for it. At the mo he gets £5 something an hour.
xx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (130)
46.59%
Take exams next summer (40)
14.34%
Change uni choice through clearing (69)
24.73%
Apply to uni next year instead (26)
9.32%
I'm not applying to university (14)
5.02%

Watched Threads

Latest