Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if you have a part time job in a hospital could you please reply with what it is, what it entails, your age, your hours/pay. also how you got the job/ how you applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    if you have a part time job in a hsopitl could youplease reply with what it is, what it entails, your age, your hours/pay. also how you got the job how you /applid
    I'll put a fiver down no-one answers your question unless you rephrase it into a more sympathetic form ("I'm trying to get work experience in a hospital, could anyone give me some advice/help" etc)

ReputationRep:
    i'm not looking for work exp, but an actual part time job

ReputationRep:
    look at the website for you local NHS trust - there will be a vacanciess ection.

Your local rag is a good place to start too...

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how old you are but most paid work for students will probably involve filing of some sort in the medical records. If you want to go round the wards then you will probably need to volunteer....but I would speak with your local NHS trust and/or hospital as it may be different deprensing on where you are

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure theres some sort of insurance thing that prevents things like this happening. Or at elast thats what the SHO said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I'm pretty sure theres some sort of insurance thing that prevents things like this happening. Or at elast thats what the SHO said
    it seems to depend on the Trust you're working for. It also depends on the people you will come incolntact with - for example it will be bear impossible to work with children or the terminally ill until you're 18, and then you need a full CRB disclosure. Other stuff seems do-able at 16.

ReputationRep:
    You could be a cordiographer part time. Lots of hospitals employ them on a part time basis. You basically spend all day doing ECGs.

ReputationRep:
    well i sent a letter to my local hosp and they phoned me while i was at school and left a message with my mum at home saying that only people that are 17 and 1/2 yers old are allowed to work
    i am 17 at the end of may so i have to wait a further 6 months to begin! which is frustrating because i wanted to work and talk about it in my university interviews etc.

ReputationRep:
    I had a temp job for Salford PCT - and kept on browsing the internal vacancies until one came up that was part time/right hours and more relevant work experience.

I now work at a local hospital at an out-of-hours clinic. Do 2 night shifts which are soo quiet I get to spend 14 hours per week catching up on my college work etc.

Once you have a job within a hospital it is then a lot easier to move/change jobs if and when you want.

ReputationRep:
    My bf is 17 and is a domestic assisant in the local hospital, bit more hands on with the patients than say filing and he really enjoys it. He's thinking of becoming an auxiliary nurse in the summer when he's 18, think you have to do some extra training for it. At the mo he gets £5 something an hour.
    xx

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.