The Student Room Group

Guy I'm dating seems to be addicted to marijuana & I am highly allergic.

I've been dating the most amazing guy for nearly 2 months now. He is sweet, affectionate, attentive, funny and generous and we have absolutely everything in common. I think he is awesome.

However, I have slowly found out that he is a huge pothead and smokes up to 6 blunts a day. On the first couple of dates, he didn't smoke around me or he smoked only a tiny bit and nothing happened to me. However, on our last two dates he has started smoking quite a bit and I have realised I am allergic to weed. For about 3 days after our dates, my eyes are bright red, watery, and painful and it feels like I have terrible hayfever, which I've never had before.

Now, I have a massive dilemma. He is amazing, and I can see a future with him. But, do we really have a future if I can't ever be around him when he smokes? Without the allergic reaction, I don't have a problem with him getting high at all. But my body clearly doesn't like it, so I'm not sure what to do.
Reply 1
Be honest with him. I think he'll have to choose. You can't date him if you're having an allergic reaction whenever you're around him.
Reply 2
Sounds like a great future.. as weed-dependent potheads do so well 99% of the time!

Anyway, clearly as above either he ditches or you do.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating the most amazing guy for nearly 2 months now. He is sweet, affectionate, attentive, funny and generous and we have absolutely everything in common. I think he is awesome.

However, I have slowly found out that he is a huge pothead and smokes up to 6 blunts a day. On the first couple of dates, he didn't smoke around me or he smoked only a tiny bit and nothing happened to me. However, on our last two dates he has started smoking quite a bit and I have realised I am allergic to weed. For about 3 days after our dates, my eyes are bright red, watery, and painful and it feels like I have terrible hayfever, which I've never had before.

Now, I have a massive dilemma. He is amazing, and I can see a future with him. But, do we really have a future if I can't ever be around him when he smokes? Without the allergic reaction, I don't have a problem with him getting high at all. But my body clearly doesn't like it, so I'm not sure what to do.
I'd love to see some research into this; since THC and other cannabinoids fit perfectly into certain receptors in the brain, I didn't think that would be a biological possibility - like being allergic to a hormone.
FYI It is a possibility.

If some girls can be allergic to semen, then why can't some be allergic to marijuana?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by dontbetheprey
FYI It is a possibility.

If some girls can be allergic to semen, then why can't some be allergic to marijuana?

Posted from TSR Mobile
'FYI' if you're going to be assertive about that I'm going to need citations.
'Citations'
LMFAOOOO.

Have you heard of Google?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't give up weed for a partner tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending