The Student Room Group

LSE 2015 Postgraduate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Got a rejection from MSc African Development. Does anybody get accepted to the second choice? How long do I have to wait if my second choice is in the same department with my first choice ?:/
Reply 781
Original post by paxson
Finally after 12 weeks of waiting, got an unconditional offer for MSc in City Design and Social Science!

Congrats man! The long wait was worth.
I´m going to my week number nine....
Received a rejection for my first choice (International Relations) and under consideration for my second (Conflict Studies). I'm bummed and not very hopeful at this point. Anyone else in the same boat?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ashdv90
Hi guys, can both of you share your profiles and conditions of your offers? Been waiting for 9 weeks and still no reply :/

Hi!
I had an overall percentage of 75% in my academics from a reputed university in kolkata, India.
GMAT - 610.
An impressive personal statement.

I hope you get an offer really soon too. :biggrin:
Reply 784
Original post by Priyanka21
Hi!
I had an overall percentage of 75% in my academics from a reputed university in kolkata, India.
GMAT - 610.

Nice!!! what are the conditions of your offer? Or did you received an unconditional offer? :smile:
Original post by Ashdv90
Nice!!! what are the conditions of your offer? Or did you received an unconditional offer? :smile:

I have not received the conditions as yet because the school is closed till the 9th of april because of easter.
I am expecting to hear from them once the school reopens :smile:
Reply 786
I hold an unconditional offer (City Design and Social Science) and now am trying to apply for GSS + scholarships. Any tips, suggestions, words of wisdom based on your experience, especially if you have secured funding, will be very much appreciated!
Hi!
GMAT - 610.

hey priyanka, which course have you applied to?
My self service account was activated a week ago for Masters in Anthropology and Development. Generally how long have you guys had to wait?
Reply 789
Original post by Taurus23
My self service account was activated a week ago for Masters in Anthropology and Development. Generally how long have you guys had to wait?

Hello! Glad to see another MSc Anthro and Development applicant! I believe the anthro department is relatively quick. I received my offer for this program about 3 1/2 weeks after receiving my id--about four weeks after submission. Please write back when you hear back! I haven't seen anyone else from our course.
I don't think they are that harsh in giving offers. I have got offer for MSc in economics from LSE just in three weeks
Original post by Emvoss
Hello! Glad to see another MSc Anthro and Development applicant! I believe the anthro department is relatively quick. I received my offer for this program about 3 1/2 weeks after receiving my id--about four weeks after submission. Please write back when you hear back! I haven't seen anyone else from our course.

This is wonderful. Congratulations! Thank you so much for replying.
I'm an international applicant and I am not from an Anthropology background. So, I'm a bit worried. What is your educational background?
I will keep you posted on my self-service account update. :smile:
hey priyanka, which course have you applied to?

Hi Taurus,
Ive applied for Msc in accounting and finance :smile:
Reply 793
I have not received the conditions as yet because the school is closed till the 9th of april because of easter.
I am expecting to hear from them once the school reopens :smile:

Hello Priyanka, have you gotten your conditions for the offer yet? :smile:
Original post by Ashdv90
Hello Priyanka, have you gotten your conditions for the offer yet? :smile:

Nope not yet! Still waiting :P
Just received my conditional offer for Law & Accounting yesterday. 5 weeks wait! Really relieved!
Original post by Barnikins
Just received my conditional offer for Law & Accounting yesterday. 5 weeks wait! Really relieved!

Congratulations!
I received a conditional offer for the MSc International Relations back on the 26th March. I really want to go for it but I'm waiting to see if I can hear back on funding which is a big issue for me (as with most people I imagine). I was somewhat confused since in the offer email it said that I had not been given a Graduate Support Scheme Award, yet in the actual offer letter that came later it said that my funding was still in the consideration phase while online the Graduate Application Tracker still says as of today (11th April) that my application for financial support is being reviewed and the decision will be "displayed within the next ten working days". Its well beyond the next ten working days following my offer (which was technically sent I believe on the 16th, with me receiving word by email on the 26th). :confused:

Has anyone heard back on scholarships/grants and do you reckon that I still have a chance of hearing about one at this stage? (I filled in the Personal Statement part of the Funding application, indicating that I would like to be considered for other awards).

I'm worried that all possible funding from the university has been dried up....:redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 798
This is wonderful. Congratulations! Thank you so much for replying.
I'm an international applicant and I am not from an Anthropology background. So, I'm a bit worried. What is your educational background?
I will keep you posted on my self-service account update. :smile:

Thank you! Where are you from? And what was your background? I was an international studies and anthropology undergrad with a business minor. I'm from the US and went to a middle-level state school, but have a bit of research and abroad experience.
Original post by Emvoss
Thank you! Where are you from? And what was your background? I was an international studies and anthropology undergrad with a business minor. I'm from the US and went to a middle-level state school, but have a bit of research and abroad experience.

You have an impressive profile! I am from a Mass Media and Literature educational background. No research background. However, I'm a producer in television and I make documentaries. Actually, that is where I discovered my interest in Anthropology. But, because I don't have any form of anthropology educational background, I'm a bit worried.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending