The Student Room Group

A man that raises another mans child

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbiemac
I agree, and somehow at least 75% of posters also go to oxford or cambridge..

Haha, I wonder how many are lying :smile:

(for the record, I really was at Cambridge before my PhD!)
Reply 21
Most of the time I would say itis commendable
Tbh I don't find it commendable or silly, its just one of those things that sometimes happens in life - a guy will fall for someone with a kid and makes his own choice on whether or not to be with them and help lool after the kid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is so stupid
Original post by Enoxial
In the eyes of many:
Alphas reproduce while the ones lower down the order have to raise that child.

So if you're raising someone elses child because the childs mother wants to settle with you then ask yourself why did she have a child with someone she didn't want to settle in the first place?

stupid theory
My dad got with my mum when my sister was 3, her dad was in the army and he disappeared my sister sat on his knee and said "are you going to be my daddy now?" dad adopted her when she was 7, he's never treated us any differently my mum left when I was 13 she has bipolar disorder, my dad has always been there for her and his grandchildren who he treats equally, How does that make someone a fool or pussy whipped cause they want to be a good person? If my dad didn't step up my sister would have gone into care, Love extends biological bonds why do you think people adopt children?
Pathetic by all standards
Original post by bertstare
Pathetic by all standards

Just by your standards, which are apparently pretty abysmal.
I do look down on men who do that, I know it seems very brutal of me to think this way, but I really do

Original post by parentlurker
(almost) any prick can be a sperm donor, it takes a man to raise a child.

I'd raise my own child of course, but someone else's

Absolutely. No. Way.
Original post by Viceroy
Just by your standards, which are apparently pretty abysmal.

Yeah maybe an emasculated little cuckold like you would have no issues raising someone else's kid, but any warm blooded male with a modicum of self respect would not even consider such a nation
Yeah maybe an emasculated little cuckold like you would have no issues raising someone else's kid, but any warm blooded male with a modicum of self respect would not even consider such a nation

Right, because if, say, the kid's father died and you married his mother, you'd just throw the kid out on the street. Yep, it takes a ton of self-respect to do that.
Original post by Viceroy
Right, because if, say, the kid's father died and you married his mother, you'd just throw the kid out on the street. Yep, it takes a ton of self-respect to do that.

No, you just don't marry a woman with kids in the first place
No, you just don't marry a woman with kids in the first place

Right, and people who do are 'emasculated cuckolds' and those women should never have another partner because she made the mistake of marrying a guy who died before her. How about the opposite situation: should a woman not be expected to raise a child who isn't hers, or does that just go for guys?

And how about a woman who can't have children? Would you refuse to marry her because you'd have to adopt? Are gay people 'simps' for needing to do that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Viceroy
Right, and people who do are 'emasculated cuckolds' and those women should never have another partner because she made the mistake of marrying a guy who died before her. How about the opposite situation: should a woman not be expected to raise a child who isn't hers, or does that just go for guys?

And how about a woman who can't have children? Would you refuse to marry her because you'd have to adopt? Are gay people 'simps' for needing to do that?

Shame you have to resort to lame emotional arguments to try and get your points across, but we know the vast majority of single women are not single because their husband died tragically while trying to rescue a baby from a burning building
Shame you have to resort to lame emotional arguments to try and get your points across, but we know the vast majority of single women are not single because their husband died tragically while trying to rescue a baby from a burning building

I really don't care how you characterize what I have to say. Supporting innocent, defenseless children is about the most empathetic, selfless, and kind thing someone can do. Of course, it is in their interest to be kept away from people like you who don't want anything to do with them, so they are better off in the long-run.
Original post by Viceroy
I really don't care how you characterize what I have to say. Supporting innocent, defenseless children is about the most empathetic, selfless, and kind thing someone can do. Of course, it is in their interest to be kept away from people like you who don't want anything to do with them, so they are better off in the long-run.

You can let a woman use you as an ATM to support children that aren't yours all you want, the rest of us will retain our dignity and respect
You can let a woman use you as an ATM to support children that aren't yours all you want, the rest of us will retain our dignity and respect

Of course, because the implication is that the woman would just be a leech and wouldn't work, etc...

And I trust you meant "you" when you say "the rest of us."
Original post by Viceroy
Of course, because the implication is that the woman would just be a leech and wouldn't work, etc...

And I trust you meant "you" when you say "the rest of us."

Plenty of guys would run a mile from a single mother with baggage from a past relationship, it's called having some standards in life, you should try it
Plenty of guys would run a mile from a single mother with baggage from a past relationship, it's called having some standards in life, you should try it

Or they would fall in love with someone and would love her children as their own. Speak for yourself.
Original post by Viceroy
Or they would fall in love with someone and would love her children as their own. Speak for yourself.

Lol if you say so cuckold boy

Quick Reply

Latest