The Student Room Group

Do orientals go for black guys?

I'm wondering whether oriental girls would go for tall black guys.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, people of all races go for black guys (as well as other races)
Reply 3
Progressive Asian countries don't stigmatise blacks but ones like Indonesia and Philippines think it's gross quite often.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
"Orientals"? Really? :doh:
Reply 5
You can't generalize about people's preferences but yeah some asian (who says oriental these days???) girls like black guys.
Unless you're an Asian guy, everyone is fair game.
Original post by De Chirico
Unless you're an Asian guy, everyone is fair game.

:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
I have no chance lol
Reply 8
Original post by Mr...
Everybody always asks there're questions.

"there're" ?

:K:
Generally no because their parents would disown them or cut them off financially.
Reply 10
Original post by Alfissti
Generally no because their parents would disown them or cut them off financially.

lol you joker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrMango

You don't think that happens?
Yes. No. Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the girl in question.

Is that you in your avatar? :lol:
Reply 13
You don't think that happens?

could happen with any race.. you're stereotypeing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well you'll obviously get some Oriental women who are attracted to Black men. I feel as thought it's not a matter of whether they'd 'go for you' but how they were raised to view other individuals outside of their race. My Chinese friends have told me they feel as though they've been conditioned to date Chinese men because their parents instilled the notion that Chinese men are good for them, they need to preserve their culture etc...

I have many Chinese friends who have been told that they would get disowned if they dated somebody who wasn't Chinese let alone Black.:lol:

I agree,

I would even argue that sometimes Asians can be quite racist toward black people as well.

But it depends on where they grew up.
If they grew up in a very tight knit, strict, conservative and religious family, then I would expect that family to raise huge eyebrows if I was dating their daughter.

But if it's an Asian girl who grew up in London for example, I have the gut feeling that she wouldn't be racist and more open minded.
Seeing as she would be more autonomous and independent from her parents to think for herself.

Sorry if I offended any Asians, I have nothing against you. This is just my honest gut feeling.
Reply 16
Most of them will go with a white man before black but there are ones that prefer black men
Not if you call them "Orientals".
Reply 18
Ultimately, it'd down to personal preference. I think with sometimes it'd down to cultural differences, the Afro-Caribbean ethnicities all have strong cultures, much like Asians do, which can be a barrier for parents.
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending