username1658559
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I want an A* in English literature but I am struggling with the subject, how can I improve? I am really stuck with the subject. We are studying Hardy poems and the merchant of Venice at the moment. Thanks!
Crystalz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got an A* in English lit (and lang). I am now in year 13 dong English literature A2 (with an A in AS). What exactly are you stuck on? Is it analysing the poems, coursework, exam technique? Feel free to PM me
SannahIqbal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Crystalz)
I got an A* in English lit (and lang). I am now in year 13 dong English literature A2 (with an A in AS). What exactly are you stuck on? Is it analysing the poems, coursework, exam technique? Feel free to PM me
Wow, that's amazing! I'm currently doing English Literature AS. How did you achieve that?
Crystalz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SannahIqbal)
Wow, that's amazing! I'm currently doing English Literature AS. How did you achieve that?
I had some really good teachers, lots of practise essays, with each I began adapting my style
username1310825
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey there im doing my english lit on an inspector calls. could you write me a foolproof paragraph layout, that I can use in mine cus its in a week i understand the points and all but I just need a lyout to help me structure my work.

thnks
GeTRekdMAte.M7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by oli19919)
I want an A* in English literature but I am struggling with the subject, how can I improve? I am really stuck with the subject. We are studying Hardy poems and the merchant of Venice at the moment. Thanks!
SQA technique really improved me overall grade. I was getting Cs and low Bs and now I am sitting nicely in the A brackets. SQA in case you don't know is statement, quotation and analysis respectively. Simply state your point, back it up with a quotation from the relevant text and finally analyse why you have chosen this quotation and how it is effective etc, though this technique is mostly used for the pros study it can work for poetry also (dont forget to include points about context if you have to and ALWAYS MAKE REFERENCE TO THE KEY TERMS OF THE QUESTION, haha. But for poetry it must be changed a little. Give your poetic technique, quote the poem, why is it effective and then any other relevant information (context if required etc). Just keep doing practice essays and get your teacher to mark them. Try the technique out. Hope it helps, goodluck
Crystalz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jeeves CP)
Hey there im doing my english lit on an inspector calls. could you write me a foolproof paragraph layout, that I can use in mine cus its in a week i understand the points and all but I just need a lyout to help me structure my work.

thnks
Point
Explanation
Analysis maybe
username1310825
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Point
Explanation
Analysis maybe
thnks but a do u have a more detailed layout
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am studying English Literature at uni. It's irrelevant about the texts. It's all about adapting your writing and improving upon it. What do you need help on?
oliveroll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey! Is this for I/GCSE English Literature? I guess you'll have to be more specific on the areas in which you are struggling with haha

(I'm an A level E Lit student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (26)
5.68%
Uncertainty around my education (52)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (55)
12.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (61)
13.32%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (24)
5.24%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (20)
4.37%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (46)
10.04%
Financial worries (28)
6.11%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (19)
4.15%
Exposure to negative news/social media (30)
6.55%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
3.06%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (45)
9.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (38)
8.3%

Watched Threads