Quantaˌ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm looking to do it this year and I was wondering what people thought of the qualification having done it. And any advice in studying/exam technique? I'm taking the exam as a private candidate and self-studying the course, so any help would be great!
CatnipGlows
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Quantaˌ)
I'm looking to do it this year and I was wondering what people thought of the qualification having done it. And any advice in studying/exam technique? I'm taking the exam as a private candidate and self-studying the course, so any help would be great!
I didn't, but my friend did and she got an A. From what I gather, this was her technique:

-did a lot of essays. Got them marked by the mark scheme, then re did the essays until they were full marks. She did this for every topic and tried to learn the mark schemes for them.

-she had a little book with flashcards in it. She made notes and summaries on every topic and carried it everywhere with her- so whenever she had a short break, was waiting in the queue or anything, she quickly flicked over it.

As with any exam though, the amount of work you put in is crucial. Little and often is the best way I've always seen, even if you don't do much work one night, maybe just have a quick read over a topic of notes before you go to bed. You can find a lot of great notes and study help on online sites like Get Revising, and even on youtube
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi, i would say that learning the content is easy enough, especially for AS law. i reccomend this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Law-Fift...ywords=aqa+law, and this one if you go on to study A2 http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Law-A2-F...ywords=aqa+law.

However what i would say is the most crucial and often underestimated part is learning what the examiner wants to see. you can do this by looking at the mark schemes and also thoroughly reading the examiners reports. once you start scrutinising the application questions closely, you will notice that alternate offences can be talked about, and dismissed, using the evidence in the case study which will get you even more marks. this is clearly stated in the examiners reports and mark schemes. make sure to be concise and not go off topic when you do this though! Also, make sure you learn evaluative answers off by heart, as they are usually the same/very similar every year and if you can memorise them you have basically earnt yourself 25 marks. be prepared to miss out on an A should you fail to learn these (i know from experience!)

good luck in your studies and i hope i can get an A in A2 law and in Unit 2 this year, as well as yourself of course !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (617)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (768)
42.01%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (362)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (81)
4.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise