My dad's a murderer, but I miss him. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay, you can't miss someone you never really knew right? But I feel like I've lost him, even though I never had him.

When I was still very young he started using heroin and from then on he went down hill, eventually killed someone and is now in prison. But I feel like I've lost my chance with him, and that my dad is now gone. Is it weird to feel sad? I mean, he's a murderer, and I believe in the death penalty, but I mean, he's my dad and I feel like a connection, you know? I feel like my dad's died and I just want to cry about it to be honest.

I think I'd even go meet him if I had the chance. And I look at pictures of him, from when he was younger. Am I weird?
Tiger-lily15
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay, you can't miss someone you never really knew right? But I feel like I've lost him, even though I never had him.

When I was still very young he started using heroin and from then on he went down hill, eventually killed someone and is now in prison. But I feel like I've lost my chance with him, and that my dad is now gone. Is it weird to feel sad? I mean, he's a murderer, and I believe in the death penalty, but I mean, he's my dad and I feel like a connection, you know? I feel like my dad's died and I just want to cry about it to be honest.

I think I'd even go meet him if I had the chance. And I look at pictures of him, from when he was younger. Am I weird?
No you are jot weird at all. Of course you will still feel a connection and love for him - he is your dad after all. Remember stay strong, things will get better as time goes on x
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you can write to him in prison... that might be a good way to start.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by the bear)
you can write to him in prison... that might be a good way to start.
I thought of that. I've sent off an email to try find out where he is (which prison and more info) but I'm not sure if they'll get back to me or not. Of course they need to give him privacy and not share his info with everyone that messages, but I don't even know which prison he's in so this is my only chance right now.

(Original post by jmlkhn)
Visit him. It might help you get closure on the matter. Best of luck with it all OP & God bless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your support I thought I'd get hate/negative feedback from this to be honest.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
https://www.gov.uk/find-prisoner

this might be useful
Anonymous #1
(Original post by the bear)
https://www.gov.uk/find-prisoner

this might be useful
Yeah this is what I used, thanks anyway
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not weird and it's understanable that you want to see him.
NekoJyo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I know how you feel, sort of. My older brother was a still born and so obviously I've never meet him. I somehow still feel as if I lost out on something. Like, I have guy friends that would be his age, and they say I think like a boy, and stuff and I wonder if I am unintentionally trying to be him. I wonder if my friends would be hos friends too. We begin to think you're crazy for a loss that some people think shouldn't effect you, but it does, and we aren't crazy.
I don't understand your situation completely. That's impossible, no 2 people are the same. However, I can relate to it.
Good luck finding your dad.
StyleIcon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you find him?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
57.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.33%

Watched Threads