monica_987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi!
I am international student with predicted 40 points (IB). I want to study Business and Administration / Business and Marketing / Management and am in the process of drafting my final uni list. My ultimate first choice is Bath. However, I definitely need some back up choices:

*King's - good reputation, good course, and in London (I am a city person). Don't know about the quality of social life though?
*City - a safe back-up; in London as well, which is a plus
*Birmingham - big city, nice campus (from what I have heard), how is the program/student life though?
*Exeter - uncertain about this one; is it a good uni or highly overrated? the opinions seem to differ
*Durham - very good school but the social life seems to be almost non-existent and that is a very important factor for me
*Leeds - I like the city, and the school seems to be good, but the graduate prospects are kind of low in the rankings?

I am definitely an outgoing person so a good social / campus life is very important for me. Any suggestions?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by monica_987)
Hi!
I am international student with predicted 40 points (IB). I want to study Business and Administration / Business and Marketing / Management and am in the process of drafting my final uni list. My ultimate first choice is Bath. However, I definitely need some back up choices:

*King's - good reputation, good course, and in London (I am a city person). Don't know about the quality of social life though?
*City - a safe back-up; in London as well, which is a plus
*Birmingham - big city, nice campus (from what I have heard), how is the program/student life though?
*Exeter - uncertain about this one; is it a good uni or highly overrated? the opinions seem to differ
*Durham - very good school but the social life seems to be almost non-existent and that is a very important factor for me
*Leeds - I like the city, and the school seems to be good, but the graduate prospects are kind of low in the rankings?

I am definitely an outgoing person so a good social / campus life is very important for me. Any suggestions?
Re Durham - check whether the course is at the Durham or Stockton campus. The latter is about 25 miles from Durham itself, in a very unbecoming town.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
it really depends what you like and want. Exeter and Bath are roughly of similar standard and both are in small cities. if you want to be in a big city then apply to London, Birmingham or Leeds. Exeter has one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. If you want something similar to Bath then Exeter would probably be your best bet as both are small cathedral cities and the campuses are both on hills overlooking stunning cities. Durham is similar but as above I believe the business school is in Stockton and not Durham so check that out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads