The Student Room Group

Doing NQT year par-time

Hi,

So I'm currently doing a secondary PGCE, and I was wondering if it was possible to do the NQT year part time? is there any downsides of doing so? anyone here done that?

cheers
I know some let you do your PGCE part time, but never heard of someone doing their NQT year as part time..
you can do your year part time over two years if that makes sense. you must complete a full year as an NQT, it dosent matter how long or what form that takes.

source: asked the DoE teacher line as a lot of the work around here is part time.
Original post by Bham_Studentessa
Hi,

So I'm currently doing a secondary PGCE, and I was wondering if it was possible to do the NQT year part time? is there any downsides of doing so? anyone here done that?

cheers

Perfectly possible, but it will be two years not one.
Yes, but how long it will take to complete your NQT year will depend on how part time your contract is.

So on 0.5 it would take 2 years, but on 0.8 it would take a year plus an extra term.
Original post by Bham_Studentessa
Hi,

cheers

We had a teacher who took 5 years to complete her NQT year on a 0.2 contract.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending