The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacksgap
Hi

I want to study in India for MBBS course because at the end of next year I would have completed my A-levels.

What requirements do they want?

PlEASE HELP me I am also from India

this is a back up plan though. If my grades come out good then i will decide on this, if not, then do pharmacy.

THANK YOU please reply

any help would be appreciated.

Moved this to the international study forum :h:

Good luck with everything :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra

I am sorry where?
I am sorry where?

International study :smile:
Reply 4
link please? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra

How comes you have moved my post? no one is answering it ?

Does TSR have one involving India TSR?
Reply 6
Original post by She-Ra

does TSR for india exist?

like : www.thestudentroom.in?
does TSR for india exist?

like : www.thestudentroom.in?

no
Reply 8
Original post by keromedic
no

Hey are you a med student?

please answer my question i am still waiting still

or any advice would be helpful :biggrin:
Hey are you a med student?

please answer my question i am still waiting still

or any advice would be helpful :biggrin:

I'm not a med student.

Can't you do your own research? Or email the admissions departments if their requirements aren't posted online.
Reply 10
Original post by keromedic
I'm not a med student.

Can't you do your own research? Or email the admissions departments if their requirements aren't posted online.

okay but it's in india though... through email okay i'll see.
okay but it's in india though... through email okay i'll see.

Don't they have websites and entry requirements?
You'll have to give different entrance exams, grades don't matter much for med school.
The most common one is AIPMT, which the majority of colleges and AIIMS(the best college for medicine) accept.
Original post by TheArmouredSaint
You'll have to give different entrance exams, grades don't matter much for med school.
The most common one is AIPMT, which the majority of colleges and AIIMS(the best college for medicine) accept.

Thank you for helping :h:

Afaik, AIIMS doesn't accept students from the UK. All their international places go to Indian expats from SE Asia and the Gulf. But I might be wrong. Either way it will be stupidly competitive to try and get in lol

I think most government medical colleges, at least the reputable ones, will have a similar system. OP, if you really want to study medicine in India, your best option will be to find a private medical college, pay full fees upfront and no entrance exam to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Asklepios
Afaik, AIIMS doesn't accept students from the UK. All their international places go to Indian expats from SE Asia and the Gulf. But I might be wrong. Either way it will be stupidly competitive to try and get in lol

I think most government medical colleges, at least the reputable ones, will have a similar system. OP, if you really want to study medicine in India, your best option will be to find a private medical college, pay full fees upfront and no entrance exam to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey thanku for ur help

Do u know how much the cost will be for private college without entrance examss. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey thanku for ur help

Do u know how much the cost will be for private college without entrance examss. :smile:

This might help http://www.indiacollegesearch.com/medical

If you google "private medical college fees india" alot of information comes up on the first page :smile:
They do accept students from the the UK, but yes, it is extremely difficult to get a good rank in the entrance exams.
I'm not sure if colleges will take A level requirements though, might've have to take the SAT 2.
Some of my friend here are American citizens and just have to take the SAT 2's for admission.
Reply 18
They do accept students from the the UK, but yes, it is extremely difficult to get a good rank in the entrance exams.
I'm not sure if colleges will take A level requirements though, might've have to take the SAT 2.
Some of my friend here are American citizens and just have to take the SAT 2's for admission.

Oh is it I thought it's AIMT exams or the other one which is in these posts? Oh do you about India's admission to mbbs?
Your friend is in india now?

Thank you for your help :biggrin:
Nope, it's AIMPT. The exam consists of Physcis, Chemistry and Biology. But, it is extremely competitive and most of the seats are reserved for students from weaker backgrounds or different classes(Indian castes).

Are you or any of your parents an NRI(Non Resident Indian)? That's the only way you'll be able to appear for this exam.
My friend(who's American) just has to give the Sat 2 to qualify for certain colleges, not all of them accept the SAT's.
You should contact the exam organizers at http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx
Also: Bottom of the page http://entrance-exam.net/all-india-pre-medical-test-eligibility-criteria/

Latest

Trending

Trending