The Student Room Group

Preparing for Cambridge Interview - Economics

Hello,

I am preparing for a Cambridge Interview for their course in Economics. I don't take the subject for a level, nor have I taken it for GCSE. My question is:

Will I be expected to know a lot of Economics at interview? Will they ask me questions of a level standard even though I have never studied the subject formally?

If so, do you know of any resources / websites / youtube courses... which will help me knowing that I have only got 3 weeks left?

Thanks for the help

Pelayo
Reply 1
If your school offers economics see if the teacher would go through some things with you
Reply 2
Hello,

I am also preparing for the interview and I can tell you not to be worried about that. I've studied 3 years economics in high-school and I am on my 1st year of Uni in my country (Economics) and the knowlodge I gained with those 3 years isn't such a big deal-things that I spent tons of time listening to in high-school are taught in few classes in Uni- people like you can keep up. You can easily understand those concepts, but the most important thing in my opinion is to be informed about current economics. Study and try to read some newspapers and you will be more aware of what you really need to know.
Good luck for the interview
Thanks a lot for both of your replies. I am quite informed in economics and have read around the subject. I will definitely go talk to the head of exonomics so he can go through some stuff with me. I will also try to start reading some news as they do say that current affairs is what you usually talk about at interview.

thanks! Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest